Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disparity between actual drones/drone display.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disparity between actual drones/drone display.

I'm still playing my first game, and my empire has swollen quite a bit, absorbing the bulk of four other factions. The gross size may account for the weirdness I'm seeing. I also have a near-monopoly on all secret projects. Anyway, the confusion I have is stemming from the display of drones each base shows. In the "PSYCH" section of the base display, I'm seeing fewer drones than in the main display, as shown below. Since drone riots aren't occuring, the PSYCH display is obviously the correct one. What's causing the lower readout? Is it a game error? Is it an accurate number of drones, but are just being suppressed from police action?:

You see the drones which police is so called b-drones.
    It would take you very much psych to quell them by psych.

The screen below interprets a police unit as +2 (or +4 +6 depending on police rating and nonlethal methods) psych and calculates the display accordingly.

But in the real situation police has nothing to do with +2 psych. It simply quells 1 (or 2 or 3) drones.

That's a bug ingame and the correct screen is the above one.
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

bintravkin has it right inthat the top screen is the accurate one. Its a pain but you get used to it
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Thanks. I don't mind the bug, but its nice to know which display is the more accurate one. I suppose the main readout is to display the "feel" of the base, showing that police are the only thing keeping the population from rioting. Keeps me from the illusion that I'm running a peaceful operation. ;-)

Comment

Working...
        X