How to get "Intelligence Files?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get "Intelligence Files?"

I notice when you use a probe team to "Infiltrate Datalinks" of an opponent's base, you get a nifty summary screen about that faction, detailing a bunch of things you can't see anywhere else, such as mood, Social Engineering choices, relationships with other factions, and so forth. I can only seem to get this info by using a probe team, even if I have previously infiltrated their datalinks, and have constant access to base operations and such.

Is this intentional design, or is there a button or key combo I'm missing?

I think it's f7
    What type of idiot quotes himself
    -paramir

Comment

on all the screens you have the option of viewing other factions same screens (from their point of view) if you have infiltration.

for instance, on the military advisor screen, you can select another faction you are infiltrated with to find out if they have planetbusters hanging around somewhere.

Comment

I'm familiar with the other screens accessible from the F-keys and the buttons. There's one more that doesn't appear to be accessible except by probe team. Here's the screen I'm talking about:

Comment

If you go to the lower right of the main world view screen, there's a button called comm link. Left click on it, bring up the factions, and then right click on one of the factions such as peacekeepers. And then left click on faction profile.

Comment

Yea, right click on the faction on the com link screen.
            He's got the Midas touch.
            But he touched it too much!
            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Its qutie a useful screen. If you have infiltration on someone you can access their version of this screen showing who they have infiltration on.
              i.e. you can see this screen for a Pact brother of a Pact brother who you haven't infiltrated yourself, letting you see alliances, energy credits and what technology they're researching. No small thing.

Comment

Ah, thanks a bunch. As a new player, I am still in my first game, discovering tactics and game elements as I go along.

Comment

Working...
                X