Dicovery Channel - Alien Planet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dicovery Channel - Alien Planet

Is it just me or the planet looks like Charon? It has the same pinkish color and there is also fungus covering the planet.

I wonder if Alpha Centauri inspired the creators l

The link leads me to error..
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

this is the correct link:

Just use the right mouse button option "copy hyperlink" and paste it in the address bar of your browser. (Don't forget to remove the apolyton_redirect blahblah part in front of the actual address).

Or just type in "alien planet" in the search box on the discovery channel home page. It is the first one on the list.

Comment

The von braun is the ship in System Shock 2, perhaps the best survival horror/fps/rpg ever made.

Some of the aliens resemble half life xenomorphs.

Anyone else spot anything?

Comment

The letters in ALIEN looks pretty much the same as those on the alien crossfire package.
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

In one of the movie you can see what is giving the ground coloration and its fungus. The only thing missing is mind worms!

Here: http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence...ienplanet.html
            Last edited by Julinoleum; May 10, 2005, 16:10.

Comment

I am trying to think of the title, but most of the alien designs on the site come from a book I saw in our local library a few years back.

I can't wait to hear what the "string theorists" and "physicists" have to say about biology.
              Typos are the result of big fingers coupled with small keyboards.

Comment

Those 2 legged aliens look like those things from the 3rd x-com game....they used to run at you and blow up I think, or maybe grab your head, can't remember.

Comment

Haha yeah thats what I thought too... A Popper from X-Com Apocalypse

Comment

Originally posted by Senethro
                    The von braun is the ship in System Shock 2, perhaps the best survival horror/fps/rpg ever made.
                    You are absolutely right, I love that game!
                    It is very scary to play it at night with a headset on and then the xenomorphs come for you

Comment

"The polito form is dead, insect."

Crystal shard/Adrenaline forever. Beats even Rumblers.

Comment

neat link
                        What type of idiot quotes himself
                        -paramir

Comment

Working...
                        X