Editing Alpha.txt - New Default Units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing Alpha.txt - New Default Units

In the relevant part of Alpha.txt I can see basically how to edit to add units but I would like to know what all the flags mean so I can customise the units. Could anyone explain in detail?

I tried seaching but unfortunately "units", "alpha.txt" are somewhat common terms.

(And don't anyone tell me to go to the Creation forum. I want an answer this week )

It's pretty simple. Those flags refer to the earlier #abilities section you will find if just scrolling up a three dozen of lines or so in the alpha(x).txt file

You read them from the beginning to the end in the #abilities section and from the end to the beginning in the #units section.

Take for instance the Locusts of Chiron unit. It has a '1' on the sixth last place. And if you check on the #abilities, you will see that 'Air Power' is the sixth ability in the list.

This holds for most of the abilities. Marine Detachment is an exception, and the last two are a bit iffy for I haven't figured out what's the deal with the unused abilities. There are 26 possible ability flags in the #unit section, but there are 29 abilities... you'll need to figure that out on yourself, for it's been too long I toyed with creating default units to remember.
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Re: Editing Alpha.txt - New Default Units

Originally posted by Senethro
      In the relevant part of Alpha.txt I can see basically how to edit to add units but I would like to know what all the flags mean so I can customise the units. Could anyone explain in detail?
      Rubin and I wrote a Guide to editing the alpha(x).txt file . It gives all the pertinent info your asking for.

D

Comment

Also, feel free to drop by AC-Creation. We could use more victims members around there.
        #play s.-cd#g+c-ga#+dgfg#+cf----q.c
        #endgame

Quantum P. is a champion: http://geocities.com/zztexpert/docs/upoprgv4.html

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Oh, I drop by Creation but I'm in favour of merging it with General.

Comment

Working...
          X