Do any stores still sell this game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do any stores still sell this game?

I've been looking around the internet for a place to buy this game. So far, I've found the original at some reasonable prices (no manual though), but the lowest price I've found for the expansion is around 45 dollars. Thats without the box and manual (And I really want the manual ) I found that rediculous considering when I first bought the game (I had it before, but I broke it), I only paid 30 dollars and it came with both the original and expansion. So, do any of you guys know where I can buy a new copy of this game?

EA Games has recently been selling "The Conquerers Collection", which includes SMAC. As far as SMAX is concerned, if you don't like the prices, why you better start going to garage sales to look for it....

D

Comment

that's why it's so expensive, is there are no widely available copies. the laws of supply and demand.

I thought I once saw this at walmart a while ago. Actually it was probably Fry's I saw this at. And that was the original game, not the expansion. The expansion I was only able to get through the laptop collection (of games). but that is without the box and manual.

Comment

Of course, there are...other ways of achieving SMAX...

Comment

Burglery?
          He who knows others is wise.
          He who knows himself is enlightened.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Burglery worked for me. I now own Sid's personal copy of SMAC and SMAX. The SMAC disc has a personal message written on it.
            "To Sid, lets make many more games together. B.R."

Comment

Lynch him!! He's the reason Firaxis didn't make Smac2 sooner!!! He took the only real possibility for Sid to long for Smac!!!!
              He who knows others is wise.
              He who knows himself is enlightened.
              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I got SMAX off of Ebay...actually, it was the original game in the original box with the manual and the tech tree...SMAX was just shoved in there as an extra...I already had two copies of SMAC, but I decided that it was worth it having a third if I could just play SMAX...GO CYCON

Comment

Working...
                X