No announcement yet.

Game freezes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Cat & PeteK, as you have probably figured out, I am very new to the game. In fact if Petek hadn't mentioned colony pod, I'd still be trying to figure out what CP you were referring to (and I'm going to have to look around to find what SE stands for). Darn, there's no embarassed smiley.

Anyway, I read much of the manual, but haven't absorbed it all. I just kind of jumped in to get some experience.

I really appreciate your advice and will check out the links Petek provided.

I can only hope to one day achieve the SMAC gaming greatness of you folks.

I can't thank you enough for all of the time and effort you've spent helping me with this problem. It's people like you that make these forums so valuable.

Comment

By the way, Petek, how did you figure out which exact unit was causing the trouble?

Comment

Try taking a look in

there is an explanation of several abbreviations, but not SE strangely. It stands for Social Engineering wich you get by hitting the e-key.

Oh, and yes there are an embarrasment smiley
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by flankadank
          By the way, Petek, how did you figure out which exact unit was causing the trouble?
          First, to slow down the game, I turned off the option to move all units with orders quickly. I then noticed that the game froze each time the window centered on Flankity Robotics. From experience, I guessed that the problem was with one of the units in this base. The battery was the first one that I eliminated and that seemed to fix it!
          "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
          -- Kosh

Comment

Working...
          X