Stop fungus from growing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop fungus from growing

Is it possible to make it so fungus does not just pop into existence? I don't mind if it grows off of other fungus that is already there just I don't want it to pop into existence. I have tried editing many of the entries in the alpha(x) file but none seem to cause the fungus to stop popping. Any help would be great.

I don't think there's any way to eliminate fungal pops completely from the game. The pops are caused by having ecodamage in your bases, which in turn is caused primarily by excessive mineral production.

However, once you understand how ecodamage works, you'll realize that you actually want one or two fungal pops. Read this article:

To summarize:

* Don't build any Tree Farms or Centauri Preserves until after you've had your first pop.

* Force a pop in one base by increasing its mineral production.

* After the first pop, every Tree Farm, Centauri Preserve, Hybrid Forest or Temple of Planet that you build increases the ecodamage limit by one mineral. Each pop also increases the limit by one.

Thus, by forcing a pop, then building lots of Tree Farms, etc., you may never have another pop.

This work by Ned, Blake and Fitz was, in my opinion, one of the most important discoveries about how the game works.
    "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
    -- Kosh

Comment

I just hate building voice of planet and watching all my hard woked land turn to ****

Comment

In the scenario editor there's an option to turn off Planet IIRC. Can't give exact details at the moment though.
        Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
        Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Have a non-negative planet rating.

With all techs researched, fungus evnually reaches 2/3/3. (3/3/3 if Gaia)

And since the primarly factor making the fungus booms with a TF & HF everywhere is raw shield count, each boom then is increasing the shiield count, increasing the booms.

Just have plenty of (land) units back home to deal with the worms and you'll be fine. The free energy in great since killing any mind worm in a stack of all mindworms with a land unit kills the entire stack.

Actually, my #1 complaint about Voce of Planet is that after it's built, theres no more mind worms appearing with each boom. My #2 complaint is that it doubles the cost of rushing everything.

Originally posted by Dissident
          I just hate building voice of planet and watching all my hard woked land turn to ****
          1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
          Templar Science Minister
          AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

A fungul pop here and there is just part of the game. Learn to cope with it.

But for a drastic solution - there was a post quite some time ago suggesting that if you are crazy enough to build enough formers to eliminate every last patch of fungus on Planet then the fungus can never come back.

Best to regard it as a rumour though. I've never verified it, even on tiny maps.

Comment

Working...
            X