Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about Dissociative Wave

I was just wondering...

Okay, so let's say that you have this boat here in the middle of the ocean, and lets say it has dissociative wave (not spelled correctly, probably)...okay

Now, lets say there is this base, we'll call it the Big Base...and lets say there is an artillery unit guarding it...okay

Now normally, if the boat bombarded Big Base, the artillery and the boat would engage in an artillery duel, correct?

So then, if the boat had dissociative wave, which makes special abilities of other units nil, would it make the artillery special ability nil of the land unit?

Basically, I am asking what the affects of dissociative wave are on artillery...

I'm curious because if artillery could be bypassed, well, it would be interesting...

Dissociative wave is supposed to only work on abilities that give combat modifiers, such as AAA, ECM, Trance, Empath, etc.
    "Cutlery confused Stalin"
    -BBC news

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos Theory
      Dissociative wave is supposed to only work on abilities that give combat modifiers, such as AAA, ECM, Trance, Empath, etc.
      Yeah, too bad about that, but good thinking by Commy to even look at that angle!
      One item along the same lines is that arty units armed with nerve gas, when engaging other arty units, get the nerve gas attack bonus. However when arty units that have the nerve gas ability engage non-arty units, they don't get the nerve gas bonus!

D
      Last edited by Darsnan; April 17, 2005, 18:37.

Comment

Working...
      X