SMAX Faction Editor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMAX Faction Editor?

I've found the ACedit 2.0 online, but where's the version that accomedates for SMAX with all of the new faction trait stats?

Here it is
    Attached Files

Comment

Cool, but does it only work if you have SMAX installed? I just downloaded and unzipped it, and when I click on the application it does nothing but sit there...

Also, in ACEdit 2.0 there's some stats highlighted in red that SMAC can read only 8 out of. Is that solved in the later faction editors?

Comment

Hmm - I presume you unzipped it into your directory where your faction files are stored, as it reads the default faction - the Hive - when opened.

I don't believe that it needs smax to be present to run (but I don't know for sure as I do have smax on both my rigs)

Comment

Originally posted by MysticWind
          Cool, but does it only work if you have SMAX installed? I just downloaded and unzipped it, and when I click on the application it does nothing but sit there...
          I come from a generation that is used to editing text files, and so have done all my Faction editing via a text editor. I have to say this then gives me a more thorough understanding of how to edit the file, as well as being able to give a Faction more pre-requisites than the ACedit program can!

D

Comment

Originally posted by Darsnan

I come from a generation that is used to editing text files, and so have done all my Faction editing via a text editor. I have to say this then gives me a more thorough understanding of how to edit the file, as well as being able to give a Faction more pre-requisites than the ACedit program can!
            Same here!
            When I use the ACedit, mostly I text-edit the faction files which the ACedit produces to make them fully compatible with my wishes.

Comment

Working...
            X