• Show
Clear All

Not to mention the population increase.
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Heh, I just presumed the Centauri environment pushed reproduction and gestation cycles into overdrive. I allow the population to be 1,000 per unit. So by 3500 (400 weeks lol), my population has grown from 2k to...well, lots.

I figure the average gestation period to be around 2 weeks and my people humping like rabbits. Maybe there is a large prevalence of twins or triplets and such.

Comment

It may not be realistic, but its a game...and should be treated as such...

Chances are, to make it the most realistic, you'd have to take out the turn-based part and make it real-time...

Comment

Wow, then that would take a long time to finish a turn. Fourty years from now I'll have to leave my game to my grand childern to finish.
          "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
          "Without music, life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
          "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
          "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

Just think, If they could make five minutes in reality seem like 5 years in the game, like a virtual reality...you'd play a whole lifetime in the game, but really only spend five minutes or such, like in the Matrix kind of...

Comment

Working...
            X