Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senethro
    replied
    I think a max limit of 20 would be best. There are only so many faction types you can come up with before you start getting duplicates.

Also, if there were 35 factions then the personality of the leaders wouldn't be expressed and we would love them much less than we love, say, Morgan now. Although I like playing with the SMACX factions they're much less developed than the SMAC 7. Is there anyone here who doesn't despise Miriam?

Leave a comment:

• Brent
    replied
    I think a good number would be 35. Or maybe forget about multiples of seven all together, and instead start each game with one or more pairs of archnemeses. Maybe then a total of 40 or 48 factions.

What about political factions within "geographical" factions?

I definitely think the number playing together should vary (from 2 to 14 or to 20 or to 35)

I do like the idea of pairs of similar factions, i.e. a technological militarist faction and a manpower militarist faction.

And have a choice between male and female for each one.

Check "Ask Sid" on the official Firaxis site. He says an Alpha Centauri sequel (or a Colonization sequel) is always under consideration for the next project.

Leave a comment:

• joncnunn
    replied
    31 in Civ III for SP games. With MP, a total of 8. (Including AI)

I don't see Firaxis making any sequels to SMAC.

Leave a comment:

• Dis
    replied
    31 for civ3.

Leave a comment:

• MysticWind
    started a topic How Many Factions Should There Be?

How Many Factions Should There Be?

In future sequels to SMAC?

I always thought that in SMAC 1, at least, the map is way too small. Also, it would be fun if there were three or even four competing alliances at once. Having more factions would make things more complicated, but I don't think as complicated as Paradox (EU, Victoria, Hearts of Iron) games.

So how many should there be?

I'm thinking that 28 would be good. 50 would be overkill. More stats and special features are needed to make factions unique, but I think doubling the original 14 is doable.

What's the max number of factions per game for Civ III?
Working...
X