Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow

and to think I just play this as a game
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

This game is great precisely because it is deep.
      I'll post here my thoughts about theories regarding the "official" storyline hinted by ingame quotes tommorow, as I investigated this matter in great detail for quite some time. Considering it takes time to assemble a long and meaningful reply regarding this and I just don't have the time tonight, it has to wait till tommorow.
      SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

About Ely being able to change Saratov's name to Zakharov... man, did he have alot of power over the storyline? I think he didn't write the in-game quotes, though.

Comment

Michael Ely wrote the "Journey to Centauri" series of episodes depicting the events that preceded the splitting of the factions.
          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Also, visit the Fiction forum where a number of players have either written extensively about a game they have played, or have used their imagination to spin fiction around the game itself

Many of these - particularly the collaborative longer stories - have "flashbacks" that deal with pre-Unity and in-Unity affairs, as well as fleshing out interpretations of the faction leaders' characters and backgrounds

Comment

Working...
            X