Purchasing SMAC to be downloaded via Internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchasing SMAC to be downloaded via Internet

Can anybody direct me to a site where I can purchase a download of a full version of SMAC please?

http://www.firaxis.com/games/game_detail.php?gameid=7

That is the link to the free demo (bottom of the page). Firaxis also sells SMAC from the same page, but I don't know if it is a download or if they ship it to you.
    "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
    "Without music, life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
    "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
    "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

Thanks but I am looking for the full copy. Many other games are avaialable like that (i.e. CivIII) but not SMAC.

Comment

Unfortunately, I don't think you can find a full SMAC copy for purchase and download.
        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Well, at least not legally...but hey, if you find a friend with the game, you can install it, then use some CD cracks on the internet so that you don't need the CD to play...

Comment

I am only interested in a legal transation. One can buy a download of many games these days. I don't understand why SMAC is an exception.

Comment

Originally posted by pasula
              I am only interested in a legal transation. One can buy a download of many games these days. I don't understand why SMAC is an exception.
              Probably cause it is a 7 year old game that never really got the distribution it deserved in the first place, and now is all but forgotten by its founding company.

Welcome to the joys and sorrows of SMAC fandom.
              "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
              "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
              "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

You can buy my copy for USD 1,000,000.-

Asmodean
                Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

I am... shocked... to hear you would want to part of your precious, Asmodean!!!
                  He who knows others is wise.
                  He who knows himself is enlightened.
                  -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

yes, smac is priceless

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodean
                      You can buy my copy for USD 1,000,000.-

Asmodean

Hey I'm a big ol' slut, my copy is going for 500,000 USD.

I think that is a fair deal. You buy me a house in the South Bay area of Los Angeles, and I'll give you my copy of SMAC.

Comment

Actually, Pasula, the method I was suggesting, where you use the CD from someone else, isn't illegal for the original SMAC since you don't have to have the CD to play any way, you can just have a complete install...on the other hand, you can be like my Uncle who is just lazy...he usually downloads music and games illegally off the Internet, and supposedely mails the company later with a 20 dollar bill...I can just imagine what chaos that would cause...

Comment

I've seen the game for sale for cheap (5$) at numerous computer stores and in all sorts of packages, including several multigame packages. The hard one to find is SMACX, which sells for too much on ebay and the like.
                          He's got the Midas touch.
                          But he touched it too much!
                          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Well, depending on your attitude to "abandonware" you may be lucky to find Alien Crossfire (which still needs the original Alpha Centauri) out there in the web...
                            Greetings, H.Humpel

Comment

smacx is hard to find, but i think well worth it./
                              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
                              X