Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does a captured base stay a captured base?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does a captured base stay a captured base?

I'm on the warpath in my n00b game and I'd like to know when the bases I've taken from my enemies stop being considered 'captured,' in terms of psych. If not within a few turns, or with a considerable life improvment (via facilities and food increases), then how long in time? Two generations, about forty years, makes sense. And yes, I do know that facilities can lower drones, but the base is still considered captured in the Psych area, meaning that my facility improvements are fighting against a negative rating. Also, when do their appearances change to match the rest of my bases? It seems like when the AI captures bases, the look changes pretty quick.

IIRC it's 50 years.
    He's got the Midas touch.
    But he touched it too much!
    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Could of swore I read somewhere that a Children's Creche will cut the time in half. Can anyone confirm this?
      "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
      "Without music, life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
      "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
      "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

IIRC it was something like this (dependent on difficulty though):
        5 drones appear during the first 10 years
        4 drones remain for the years 11-20
        3 drones for 21-30
        2 drones for 30-40
        1 drone for 41-50
        Base changes to your faction style after 50 years and all "captured base" drones disappear.

I do not know however that a childrens creche reduces the amount of time it takes to assimilate the base.

A childrens creche does take away the negative morale bonus for defenders defending a base in drone riots. Seen on the battle screen as morale of the defender :
        elite (-) : +37% (normally it should be +50%)
        the (-) is for the base being in drone riots. If a childrens creche is present the (-) is negated so the elite defends at the normal +50%.

Comment

I dont have the equation memorized, but there is a maximum number of drones there can be...so, if you had a really small base, there wouldn't be five drones, maybe only 2 or 3...

As said early, 50 turns to assimilate, and thats when the base will start to look like one of yours...however, there is, I believe, a way to bypass that...

Lets say that Zakhorav and Miriam are at war...and so Zakhorav captures New Jurusalem from the Believers...

So now New Jerusalem is technically a University base, but the graphics will display a believing base...

Then a third party, say the gaians, comes along and captures the base from the University...

If that happens, technically the base is under Gaian control, but the graphics displayed will be University, not Believing...and if the University captured it back, it would be considered liberation, meaning no drones...

Of course, you couldn't really plan this, since it has a third party, but with the AI, you never know...

Comment

Well here's the weird thing. I had a pretty friendly pact with Zak, then Miriam managed to gobble up his bases. They stayed Zak-styled, until I grabbed them up maybe ten turns later. When I (Yang) captured the bases, they instantly turned New-Jerusalem-styled on me. Zak had been captured, and his faction knocked off the block permenantly. So I was sort of half-liberating those bases. You'd think they'd be at least a little friendlier under Yang's dominion. Although I suppose it makes sense that they'd be restless, considering. Miriam must just have some fast-ass architects to convert the entire bases to her visual scheme.

Comment

Why don't you just repeal the Charter and Nerve Staple all of the captured citizens into submission?

I'll usually do this once I have a submissive faction under my heel and bribe another poor shmuck into voting my way. It's a heck of a lot easier than dealing with rioting drones.

....or you could just send out your police units to crack some rioter skulls. But I'm not sure how that would be running Democratic.
              Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
              Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
              *****Citizen of the Hive****
              "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

I ceased nerve-stapling when I saw that when I keep repeating it, bases develop an immunity to it.
                ftp://ftp.sff.net/pub/people/zoetrope/MOO2/
                Zoe Trope

Comment

Per the Prima guide:

When a base is captured by another faction, a CONQUEST counter is set to 50, and it lowers by 1 every turn until 50 turns have passed (when it is considered fully assimilated)

During that countdown, Drones are evident, and the formula is:

DRONES = (POP + DIFF - 6) + SMALLER (but the resulting total can never exceed POP)

POP = population of base
                  DIFF = difficulty level (Citizen = 0 ... Transcend = 5)
                  SMALLER = the smaller of [(CONQUEST + 9) / 10] and [(POP + DIFF - 2) / 4]

So at Transcend level, in a size 14 base, 20 turns after capture, the # drones would be:

(14 + 5 - 6) + smaller of 3.9 and 4.25 = 16.9 (but cannot be larger than 14 in this example
                  )

A Creche doesn't affect this calculation (but it renders a base immune from a drone-producing special event, and gets a pop-booming event instead, if random events are activated in the game)

It also reduces a base's vulnerability to mind control (and a captured base has greater vulnerability to mind control due to those drone riots, so perhaps the two cancel each other out)
                  Last edited by Googlie; March 28, 2005, 02:34.

Comment

Working...
                  X