Alien crossfire wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alien crossfire wanted

Hi everyone as true SMAC fan and also in general civ fan I'm now looking to obtain the above mentioned expansion pack for SMAC. Looked around on the net but lacking a credit card it seems almost impossible to obtain it here in Europe. Anyone who can help me with this?

Grtz
    Andy

Maybe you can ask someone who has a creditcard.

No, to be serious, if you are of the age you can have your own creditcard maybe you should if you can afford it.
    I am 25 and I got my first creditcard to buy those games I was looking for sooooooo long already and they were always just beyond my grasp, pretty much the same you described it. Then one day I decided I had enough of that and got a credit card. SMAX was my first purchase with it .

Good luck obtaining SMAX, I think its the best TBS game there is!

Comment

If I could afford one I'de already have one But being unemployed for almost a year makes that impossible. Only way I can order is if I can pay by transcription..
      thx anyway

Comment

Here, use my credit card number. Buy me an extra copy too.

4R3 Y0U R3477Y TH15 5TU91D
        "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
        "Without music, life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
        "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
        "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

Originally posted by livid imp
          Here, use my credit card number. Buy me an extra copy too.

4R3 Y0U R3477Y TH15 5TU91D
          Livid Imp: He may be a settler, but that in no way warrants insult and abuse, the way you just did. If you've got nothing constructive to say, then why don't you just shut up????

Livid Imp:

For the record, he didn't ask for anybodys credit card #. He asked for help, which is kinda what you do in a General/Help/Strategy forum.

Asmodean
          Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

And leet sucks donkey balls too. You should apologise to the nice poster.
            (+1)

Comment

I don't even know who sells the planetary paks anyore. Amazon might still have them, but that will require a credit card. And then there's ebay...

edit: I meant laptop collection not planetary pak. Look for the laptop collection which is a combination of serveral games such as Sim City 3000 and SMACX.
              Last edited by Dis; March 18, 2005, 18:08.

Comment

Well I will apologize to a1979s if he actually took offense. I would hope he saw this for what it is, a joke.....

I swear, you guys only see things in there most negative light. Nobody ever seems to get the occasional light-hearted jab. If I wanted to be mean to new posters, I am quite capable, and have been given plenty of opportunity.

Obviously when I offer up my credit card number on a public forum and ask him to "pick me up a copy", I am not being terribly serious now am I? Read between the lines guys, the world comes in more colors than black and white. Besides, if you get your feelings hurt that easily, then posting on the internet is not for you.
                "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
                "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
                "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

Your post was obviously not serious, but it looked more hostile/sarcastic than light-hearted.
                  "Cutlery confused Stalin"
                  -BBC news

Comment

Originally posted by livid imp
                    Well I will apologize to a1979s if he actually took offense. I would hope he saw this for what it is, a joke.....

I swear, you guys only see things in there most negative light. Nobody ever seems to get the occasional light-hearted jab. If I wanted to be mean to new posters, I am quite capable, and have been given plenty of opportunity.

Obviously when I offer up my credit card number on a public forum and ask him to "pick me up a copy", I am not being terribly serious now am I? Read between the lines guys, the world comes in more colors than black and white. Besides, if you get your feelings hurt that easily, then posting on the internet is not for you.
                    That's what smileys are for, you know. If you don't know how to use them, then posting on in internet is not for you

Asmodean
                    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Asmodean:

a1979s: Doesn't your bank give the first year a free credit card to try it out? Mine does (or at least did) and I'm a Belgian as well.
                      He who knows others is wise.
                      He who knows himself is enlightened.
                      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

At the very bottom of the list - SMAX for free.
                        -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                        -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodean
                          That's what smileys are for, you know. If you don't know how to use them, then posting on in internet is not for you

Asmodean
                          Sorry, I thought it was obvious enough that someone posting his supposed credit card number on the internet was silly enough that I wouldn't have to tag it with the "this is humor" mark.

I am just glad to see you guys didn't go complete raving lunatics about this. This is one of the few decent places left on the net, and I would hate to see it degenerate into flame wars for SMAC players (that is what off topic is for right ).

Now I just hope I didn't scare off a1979s, I really didn't mean to offend.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder
                            I'm a Belgian as well.
                            Curious Geo, what is the difference between a Belgian and a Frenchmen?

edit: and don't say one is from Belgium and one is from France

Comment

Thx for the vivid reply's in my absence Geo I'll go check it out one off these day's

And I may be just a settler here but I do have several years off experencie with SMAC and the other CIV games

Grtz to all

A.

Comment

Working...
                              X