Making pictures on SMAC...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making pictures on SMAC...

Okay, so I need help customizing a faction...

I know how do use the faction editor and all that crap, but I would like to know how to edit the pictures for the factions...

So lets say, for comical reasons, I wanted to use a picture of Bush off the Internet and make it the picture used for a faction leader? Or perhaps I want to use a picture for the bases...

Currently my computer opens all of the SMAC pictures in Microsoft Picture It!

I would appreciate help, thanks...

The Network Node has a nice little tutorial on how to edit Factional pics. FYI.

D

Comment

It's also full of fine examples of overpowered factions .
      #play s.-cd#g+c-ga#+dgfg#+cf----q.c
      #endgame

Quantum P. is a champion: http://geocities.com/zztexpert/docs/upoprgv4.html

Comment

Not simply overpowered factions, but game-breaking factions!
        "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
        "Without music, life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
        "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
        "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

IIRC there was one that was +2 growth and creche in every base :O.
          Let's see: I'll get planetary networks, switch to planned and boom my way to lots of librarians.
          #endgame

Comment

The Brave New World one . The worst example of designing a faction is the Orwellian one.
            SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
            The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

I actually attempted to make a custom faction a while back, +2 growth, +1 industry, free rec commons every base, starting techs social psych and ethical calc...but it had -2 support and -2 police, real pain...

Comment

I think that could still be a little beefy. +(or ++)GROWTH has to have some major offsets.
                #endgame

Comment

Originally posted by #endgame
                  It's also full of fine examples of overpowered factions .
                  Shrug, depends on the perspective. If your playing against these overpowered Factions, then it makes the game more, ah, "interesting".... I myself have built some replacement Prog Factions which I regularly play against. I've uploaded the files in case anyone is interested.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X