What is "Objectives Achieved"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is "Objectives Achieved"?

For the first time in over three years I finished a game of SMAC (Transcend/Dilithium Dad's Huge map of planet) yesterday and found an odd listing in the final score - "Objectives Achieved". Here's a screenshot:

What is it?
    Why does it give so many points even though no "objectives" were achieved?

Re: What is "Objectives Achieved"?

Originally posted by Earl Grey
    For the first time in over three years I finished a game of SMAC (Transcend/Dilithium Dad's Huge map of planet) yesterday and found an odd listing in the final score - "Objectives Achieved". Here's a screenshot:

What is it?
    Why does it give so many points even though no "objectives" were achieved?

It sounds like a scenario score.
    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

It sounds like a scenario score.
      -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
      -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Scenario? What scenario?

Comment

A game creator (of a single player challenge, or a PBEM) can set up in-game objectives - typically done to stop the AI moving vital units - and you, the player, get points for capturing it, etc.

Below are the various alternatives for in-game objectives:
          Attached Files

Comment

it seems to do this when playing custom maps. I get this with the earth map.

good score btw. of course I never play iron man. I really should. Though my game did crash once last game. It seems a little unstable when there are many, many units around. But I was also running emule and a musicplayer in the background.

Comment

I've seem the game represent a victory bonus as "0 objectives achieved" before. Note that your victory bonus is otherwise absent.
              "Cutlery confused Stalin"
              -BBC news

Comment

Working...
              X