Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is this game so damn good? And when will we stop playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enjoy your campaigns.
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

SMAC2 will be delivered back to us from Chiron after it is successfully colonized and the interfactional nonsense stops and the planet is subdued. I just hope there will be somebody here to receive it.
      Haha!
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

I just got one of my cousins hooked on the game. He's currently playing only SMAC as all the orig 7, then he's going to play SMAX.
        "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

I know how is that - I just returned to Alpha Centauri, too. I made a game with Pirates, Believes, The Hive (me), the aliens, Planet Cult and Spartans. It was pretty much a game made to be full of gore and blood. And full of gore and blood it was. I'm on 2300 right now. For years and years The Hive has been on continuous war. First against the Believers because we wanted to colonize a city but the spot was already taken. I wanted to make it a defensive war, but they pushed me and I brought my wrath in the shape of Impact Rovers and Impact Infrantry with Resonance Armor. They also fought a losing war against the Usurpers at the same time. I decided that NO HUMAN SHALL BE ENSLAVED BY ALIENS! And then I took their cities to protect them from alien onslaught, but the aliens managed to take New Jerusalem before us! And then they came against the nearest former believer-now-mine city. It was a full-power onslaught of Infantry and Missile Rovers. And all I had was Impact Weapons. I only managed to beat back the Usurper army and take former Believer territories though massing of troops. I also mounted a counter-atack on a exposed front were we had't much more than a few skirmishes and managed to begin a northern offensive. In some years, I managed to take all Usurper core cities, they only have some near the Uranium Flats now. However, Cha Dawn decided to fight me, too! I made mince-meat of his troops with my air power!

Comment

In my current game, I'm playing my beloved Morganites, wedged uncomfortably between Miriam, Yang, Aki and Lal. I'm at war with ALL of them, it's pretty glorious.

Comment

I played Multiplayer for the first time those last days with a brazilian patriot friend of mine! Damn, it's awesome! We're still at the beginning, but things are heating up already!

Comment

Why it is good is that the warfare is so relatively easy to understand.

In Civ 4, I see dotted paths, indicating 2-4 moves, especially by sea,and when played the unit just moves 1 not 2 moves Often, in Civ 4, what is shown as a 1 move becomes a 2 move.

So often I end up in places I did not expect and hence very exposed.
                Last edited by Hercules; August 16, 2008, 22:21.
                On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Working...
                X