Technical question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technical question

I just received the games I was waiting for.

However I have to wait to go to my mother's home to get it hehehe.

I got two CD, the Alpha Centauri 1 CD and the Alpha Centauri Planetary Pack 1 Cd ?

The original Alpha Centauri 1 CD is broken. While waiting for a new copy (new one free shipped from the seller hehe)
    can I use the Alpha Centauri Planetary Pack 1 Cd to play both smac and smacx ?

If the Planetary Pack contains 2 CD's(Alpha Centauri and Alien Crossfire), then yes.

SMACX (Alien Crossfire) is an addition on the original Alpha Centauri, so SMAC must be installed first.

Also, if you have an operating system higher then Win98, download the XP/2000 patch, and patch 4.something for SMAC and patch 2.something for SMACX.
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

you will most likely need both CD's. bad luck one was broken. Why couldn't it be the expansion? That way you could play the original game to get a feel for it.

Comment

there is a CD that is wrote Alpha centauri and Alien crossfire, both logo on it.

the guy sold me the two cd that come with the Laptop collection.

Comment

it's worth a try, it might have both games on the CD.

Comment

Originally posted by ManOWar2
            there is a CD that is wrote Alpha centauri and Alien crossfire, both logo on it.

This CD has all the information for both SMAC and SMAX on it (I just searched my copy here to verify that), so you should be able to load up and play both SMAC and SMAX from just this CD. FYI.

D

Comment

Woot !!!!

Thanks !!!

I will play smac for my first time this weed-end on sunday when I'll be back here with the game.

Comment

Is it just me or are there more newcomers of late.
                What type of idiot quotes himself
                -paramir

Comment

Kind of. EA relased their bundle last year or so with the Planetary Pack in it.

Comment

Working...
                  X