No announcement yet.

Stupid Aliens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonder if the Aliens have a santa claus or an easter bunny...

Comment

No, they have a 'Surprise Launcher' on Rebellion Day and Blooming Break!
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
        I just hate their annoying voices. It's painful to listen to.
        I',ve never played SMAC or SMAX with the sound on.

It didn't seem like I was getting any info from the sound and it was distracting. Am I missing something?

Mead

Comment

I can't play games without sound. Even a game with simplistic sounds such as smac.

speaking of sound. Has anyone had problems with units making the wrong sounds in smax? I have seen psi units make the "laser" sounds. Is there any way to correct this? I only had this problem after I installed the expansion. I figured some of them were intended (as I noticed the expansion introduced some new combat sounds which I like alot). But some seem out of place.

Comment

Originally posted by Mead

I',ve never played SMAC or SMAX with the sound on.

It didn't seem like I was getting any info from the sound and it was distracting. Am I missing something?

Mead
            Compared to most games of this sort you are missing a lot. Nothing which will hurt your game mind you, but you miss out on a lot of great voiceovers, the environmental "music" (which I like) and some sound effects (some of which are lame, especially weapons). I'd turn it on and play through the game a few times and experience every voiceover at least once.
            He's got the Midas touch.
            But he touched it too much!
            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

I can't play games without sound. Even a game with simplistic sounds such as smac.
              Burn the heretic!! To the stake with him!!!

speaking of sound. Has anyone had problems with units making the wrong sounds in smax? I have seen psi units make the "laser" sounds. Is there any way to correct this? I only had this problem after I installed the expansion. I figured some of them were intended (as I noticed the expansion introduced some new combat sounds which I like alot). But some seem out of place.
              Try installing the original sounds (SMAC thus) on another place of your HD, search for the sounds folder, listen to them all and make a cross check with the ones in your SMACX folder. Overwrite where necessary.
              He who knows others is wise.
              He who knows himself is enlightened.
              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Re: Re: Stupid Aliens

Originally posted by Darsnan
                Open up the alphax.txt file and scroll down to the "NEWFACTIONS" section (its about 3/4's of the way down the file). Remove the two entries for the Progenitors. Save off the file. This should do it.
                D
                Ok, this crashes the game when you get to the part where you choose the factions to be in the game.

Comment

Replace the progenitors with some other string, so that you have 2 believers or so..
                  -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                  -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Working...
                  X