No announcement yet.

balancing the Morgans for the AI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Flubber reference the Clean Reactor, though I've only CMN'd a few games. One trick I've tried is running the AI out to missles and HEC, prototyping a bunch of clean units while obsoleteing the basic unit (non-clean), i.e. formers, 6-2-2, 6-3-1, 1-3-1 - and then retreating the tech back. That, plus giving them extra formers really does help. The problem is that if you do this, then they can easily beat the human players to quite a few SP's. I sort of like to let the Human players get those, it's an incentive.
    The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
    And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
    Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
    Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

If any faction sucks big time, it has to be Planet Cult. I think I have yet to see them get more than 4 bases in any single game. I usually enable the scenario editor and hand them some free independent colony pods, so they can at least expand a little.

Oh yeah...and Miriam. She builds far too many junk units, and gets locked down in support hell.

Asmodean
      Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Miriam just doesn't terraform her land at all. I mean nothing.

I played 2 games on the earth map recently. In one game the drones did some terraforming and even used crawlers. They were in the jungles of africa. Miriam in the same position did no terraforming and only seemed to build offensive units. I detroyed her army, and she built it back up. I ended up finally destroying her because she was annoying.

The drones are at least a competant faction. They can beat me to SP's (if I just let them build with no help from crawlers- I don't like to use crawlers if I don't have to).

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
          Miriam just doesn't terraform her land at all. I mean nothing.

I played 2 games on the earth map recently. In one game the drones did some terraforming and even used crawlers. They were in the jungles of africa. Miriam in the same position did no terraforming and only seemed to build offensive units. I detroyed her army, and she built it back up. I ended up finally destroying her because she was annoying.
          If I am playing "builder" style I hate seeing Miriam become predominant among the AI. Some of the other factions may be able to get a decent tech rate but Miriam just seems to stagnate-- Its pretty sad when you can transcend before anyone else gets fusion.
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Too bad there's not a way to easily make these AI only, without backing up the originals and swapping out the original for the human for that game. I found winning on Trancedence level in SMAC too easy playing all the factions.

Originally posted by Blake
            The AI has huge problems with Support, because they build too many junk units and have low mineral outputs. They also have huge problems with drones under free market. No wonder the AI sucks with Morgan.
            1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
            X