Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMACX Crashes on Startup.

Hi all.

I recently re-installed SMACX on my computer. It worked fine for the first couple of games but then it started crashing every time I start it up. I haven't changed anything on the comp over the course of the change.

I'm running WinXP Home Edition and I've tried installing the SMAC4.0 patch and the SMACX patch. Neither had any effect on the error.

Here's the message I get:

TerranX.icd has encountered an error and needs to be shut down. Etc.

I've done a search on this forum to try to find the answer but most just recommend downloading the XP Compatibility patch. I've tried going to the Firaxis site to download the XP Compatibility patch, but I get a 404 - File Not Found error when I try to download it either through Apolyton or directly from Firaxis.

Any help would be awesome. I'm really craving some SMAC and it's frustrating that it just stopped working all of a sudden.
    Last edited by HostageZero; January 24, 2005, 03:27.

pm your email to me, I will try to send the patch to you
    Mart
    Map creation contest
    WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

yeah, maybe reinstalling...

Comment

I've uninstalled/reinstalled. I've tried it with/without 4.0 or X2.0. I think I've done pretty much everything to it short of applying the xp patch.

Comment

If it's crashing with the .icd, it's a problem with the copy protection.
          #play s.-cd#g+c-ga#+dgfg#+cf----q.c
          #endgame

Quantum P. is a champion: http://geocities.com/zztexpert/docs/upoprgv4.html

Comment

I found the XP compatibility patch at Gamespot and that solved the problem.

Comment

With that patch are you able to play Alien Crossfire on Xp too ?
              Or this patch is only for SMAC and not SMACX ?

Comment

SMACX is working fine with the patch installed.

Comment

Working...
                X