alphax.txt changes wont kick in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alphax.txt changes wont kick in

I tried changing the territory size and the land mass numbers in the alphax.txt. It appears to have made no changes. Any ideas?
    "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
    "Without music, life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
    "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
    "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Have you a) restarted the game b) saved the changes c) made sure you haven't edited alpha.txct instead of alphax.txt?
    SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Every time you change alphax.txt you have to start a new game before the changes take effect.
      The changes will not affect for instance a save game loaded after changing the txt file.
      Maybe this helps.

Did you ask our colleages in the creation forum yet?
      Maybe they can shed some light on this.

Comment

a. Yes
        b. Yes
        c. Yes

I even tried rebooting after making changes.

And no I haven't posted in creation mainly since this was for general play, I wasn't planning on doing any mods or anything.
        "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
        "Without music, life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
        "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
        "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

Re: alphax.txt changes wont kick in

Originally posted by livid imp
          I tried changing the territory size and the land mass numbers in the alphax.txt. It appears to have made no changes. Any ideas?
          Well I have found several instances where the game overides some parameters I had changed in the alpha(x).txt file. livid imp may have found another instance.

livid imp: can you upload the file here (or E-Mail it to me at tvtvtvdnandal@twcny.rr.comtvtvtv minus the tv's) with an explaination of what you've changed. I can then look at the file sometime this weekend and see if I can duplicate and verify your issue.

D

Comment

Working...
          X