Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fungal Wonder

Have you seen such?

This is what happens where all squares are filled by either formers or crawlers and fungal pop has nowhere to pop!
    Attached Files
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

That sucks...

Just have to hope for maintaining a low eco damage in my current "cover the map" game...

Fungus just never goes away
    I once was a slave to the Alderbaran 2 project!
    Now I shall work towards cIV:AC!... Oh Wait, that's dead too...
    It's Nword like 'lord' and 'sword'

Comment

Heheh....silly noobie

This happens to me almost every game I ICS in, serveral times. Make sure you move your units off the tile before you attack the tower, or else you'll destroy your own units.

That reminds me of one of the tactics I like to use is to crawl all my extra mins to one base early in the game to cause massive ecodamage(100+) and make the sea levels rise. Btw: have plenty of trance and empath units in that and near by bases for the pop you'll get every round.

If you get lucky you can sink some significant cities with no dipolmatic hit. Then later on in the game when you get the dipolmatic option to lower the sea level everyone will vote yes (except Svengard) everytime you bring it to a vote.
      "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
      "Without music, life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
      "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
      "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

It happens all the time.

BinTravkin, what are these strange signs in the center data display window?
        SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Well, so far I avoided it by killing ecodamage after the first pop so I never had such a situation..

In the first of my 1x1 ICSing games with morgan I often had ecodamage of 30 before the tree farms so pops often happened and quickly killed my terraforming (and with Morgan it's a real pain in the arse before Clean reactors).
          From that time I learned to kill any ecodamage very quickly.

Now I see the opposite tactic is alos very wothy (see that sea-level rising..)

Strange signs-some kind of localisation error, you know Latvian is one of the most complicated languages in the world to write (after chinese and arabic), so the localisator developers often make stupid errors.

This particular error has appeared to me not only in SMAC/X.
          "/n" is interpreted both as new line and the "A" letter you see..

Or maybe it's not "/n"..
          -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Originally posted by binTravkin
            In the first of my 1x1 ICSing games with morgan I often had ecodamage of 30 before the tree farms so pops often happened and quickly killed my terraforming (and with Morgan it's a real pain in the arse before Clean reactors).
            Two things about Morgan:

1. He sucks when you don't ICS, it is almost a requirement.

2. Don't bother running Demo until you get clean reactors. With Morgan, B-line to clean reactors is more important than B-line to restriction lifters, since you'll have little t-forming to be restricted.

I am going to experiment to see if B-line to clean reactors is more important than to IA.....I really doubt it will be, but I got to know for sure.

Now I see the opposite tactic is alos very wothy (see that sea-level rising..)
            This suggestion was sponsored by.....Eco-Terrorism
            Eco-Terrorism, grab life by the balls!

Strange signs-some kind of localisation error, you know Latvian is one of the most complicated languages in the world to write (after chinese and arabic), so the localisator developers often make stupid errors.

This particular error has appeared to me not only in SMAC/X.
            "/n" is interpreted both as new line and the "A" letter you see..

Or maybe it's not "/n"..
            Are you saying your copy of SMAC has been translated into latvian? If so why is everything in your screen shot in english?
            Last edited by livid imp; January 13, 2005, 11:11.
            "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
            "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
            "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

Are you saying your copy of SMAC has been translated into latvian? If so why is everything in your screen shot in english?
              Buddy, SMAC/X uses some encoding features from your PC, if they've been changed by any localisation software, you can get some weird things (particularly if they've been changed incorrectly).

Comment

Ahhh....this is a windows translation kind of a thing then, right?

Comment

Ahhh....this is a windows translation kind of a thing then, right?
                  Exactly.

Comment

this localization bug exists only in smacx. At least for me, when I'm using the computer with portuguese windows 2000. On my english winXP notebook there's no problem.
                    Smac runs fine on both computers.
                    Anyway, I'm now playing only the Linux version, and there's no problem at all.

Comment

Working...
                    X