Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't run CTP on WinXP machine.

Hi there,

I've recently installed CTP for the first time in about 4 years on a Windows XP SP2 machine... The copy I have was purchased in 1999 and I last installed it on a Windows 95 machine.

A problem is occuring when I try to run it. I get the play/more/exit splash screen select play and the screen goes black, then my desktop reappears, the screen goes black again for a little longer, then finally the desktop reappears again. The game never starts.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks

Re: Can't run CTP on WinXP machine.

Originally posted by henryp1973
    Hi there,

I've recently installed CTP for the first time in about 4 years on a Windows XP SP2 machine... The copy I have was purchased in 1999 and I last installed it on a Windows 95 machine.

A problem is occuring when I try to run it. I get the play/more/exit splash screen select play and the screen goes black, then my desktop reappears, the screen goes black again for a little longer, then finally the desktop reappears again. The game never starts.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks
    I'll say. You might try to post this question on the CTP forum.
    He's got the Midas touch.
    But he touched it too much!
    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

henry, post your question here or even here and you'll probably get some help.

This specific section of the forum is dedicated to Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri (SMAC), not CTP.
      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Ooops

I was quite sure I had posted to the correct place... Sorry all for the inconvenience.

Comment

not an inconvenience... we're all civvers after all.

Comment

for a second I thought I was in the wrong forum. I was going to feel strange posting about smac in the ctp forum.

although I was thinking about installing ctp 2 again yesterday. should I?

there are still people who swear by this game and say it's good. I just hate the fact that I bought it, but never really got any use out of it. I'd like to finish one game.

Comment

Hi there,

GOOD.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                although I was thinking about installing ctp 2 again yesterday. should I?
                I'd say yes, provided you install any of the available mods... CTP 2 may not be the best civ of all (SMAC is ) but it has some interesting concepts (stacked combat, public works).

Comment

Working...
                X