Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do?

Hi! I hope that i can get some help.

I have played Alpha centaury for some years now, and to day i got the great idea, to look on the internet for info and such about the game.

I then found out that there have been made patches and all sorts of stuff.

My question now is: Which patches do I need, to get fully updated?
    Im running the game in windows XP.

And is there anything else i should get for the game? (I saw that new fractions has been made, can you recomend any? or maps?)

Thank you

Regards
    Qazaan

Oh... And is it possible that you could help me, with links to older subjekts that could be interesting to a new member of the board. Instead of me asking questions you maby already have answered a million times!

Thanks again

Qaz

Comment

Look at the FAQ. Since you run XP, you probably need XP compatibility patch. Try Aldeberan mod (in creation forum).
      SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Site with lot of factions

Try also getting Vel's guide.
        SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Qazaan:

There is an expansion pack for SMAC called Sid Meier's Alien Crossfire (SMAX). It is a bit difficult to find, but it adds a few new things to the game, including seven new factions.

As Illuminatus said, read
          this FAQ for a few good answers and links.

You can find the patches for both SMAC and SMAX here.

Also look for SMAC strategy guide written by Velociryx (aka Christopher Hartpence) - it is the best strat guide you could find for the game.
          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

wow, latecomer.

actually I believe it was in the SMAC readme that I found the web address to the old alpha.owo forums. And from there I heard about this place. And I've been here ever since 1999 (I had a previous screen name that registered before this one).

and I found this site to have useful stuff. Including Vel's strategy guide. And patches as well.

Comment

Thank you!

Well....i can seem to find any excuses for my late entry..so i'll just shut up!

Comment

Originally posted by Qazaan
                Thank you!

Well....i can seem to find any excuses for my late entry..so i'll just shut up!
                Don't be so embarassed. SMAC/X can ceartainly keep you occupied for years before you has to dive into the net for new info - personally i have played approx four years and first joined six month ago. Btw. there are really some gold to pick up here - follow the current discussions and dig into the archive.

Hvilken del af landet er du fra ?
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

ok thank!

Jeg er fra København, ca.
                  hvad med dig?

Comment

My fault - if I had read your location I would have known

Samme område.
                    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Girlfight_club of Toliman has authorized a secret project, "The Planetary Datalinks".

I've always found it slow, confusing and disorganized trying to find or refind SMAC/X info online, even with great sites like Apolyton.

After Firaxis suspended their main site, and a newcomer showed up looking for SMAC stuff just after, I got a little .

So I've been going around downloading and backing up SMAC sites and stuff left and right.

And I got me some storage space.

The Planetary Datalinks - SMAC Downloads and Links.

Someone has to link it all!!

Please send me any sites I miss!

girlfight_club(a)myway.com

GFC
                      "The first rule of Girlfight Club: No one gossips about Girlfight Club. That means you, Sheryl."
                      -----------------------------
                      Girlfight_club of Toliman has authorized a secret project, "The Planetary Datalinks": http://planetarydatalinks.hub.io

Comment

Looks nice good work! A girl fight club..scary, I think I'll remove my bases from your node now...
                        A university faculty is 500 egoists with a common parking problem

Comment

Good work, girlfight_club!
                          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Working...
                          X