Sweet Moments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet Moments

Anyone care to post some especially sweet moments from your SMAC/SMAX games?

Here's one of mine from a couple of years ago: I was playing the Drones. I got a warning message that Yang's building of the Hunter-Seeker Algorithm (HSA) SP was nearing a breakthrough. I hadn't even started to research Pre-Sentient Algorithms (PSA). I still managed to beat Yang to the HSA! A Probe Cruiser had been making its way to a Hive base. The cruiser stole PSA. I then switched a base to the HSA and used several upgraded crawlers to complete the project the same turn. Take that, Yang!
    "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
    -- Kosh

Re: Sweet Moments

Originally posted by Petek
    Anyone care to post some especially sweet moments from your SMAC/SMAX games?
    Not necessarily from the games themselves, but from a CMN's perspective, the following are some really sweet moments for me:

- inventing new units, and finding niches and storylines for them.
    - building up AI's and making them formidable opponentws for human players.
    - accessing "hidden code" in Terranx and manipulating it to my ends.....

D

Comment

Me? Constructing my perfect world of Condensors and size 100+ bases... (yes 512 bases in one game eventually.....)

And of course, having my own modified Alphax.txt for Aldebaran makes me happy too
      I once was a slave to the Alderbaran 2 project!
      Now I shall work towards cIV:AC!... Oh Wait, that's dead too...
      It's Nword like 'lord' and 'sword'

Comment

Coming up with the name "Eristic Illusioneers" for police infantry.

Nervegassing Lal.
        Planetbusting Lal.
        ET Phone home victory... only done it once. Novelty factor

Comment

conquering around 100 bases in a single turn then watching the map go blue over and over again in the replay
          Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Re: Re: Sweet Moments

Originally posted by Darsnan

- accessing "hidden code" in Terranx and manipulating it to my ends.....
            What do you mean? how do you edit it?

Comment

Originally posted by Blake
              Coming up with the name "Eristic Illusioneers" for police infantry.
              hehe. I call my police infantry "The Fuzz"

hmm.....just realized you folks outside the US might not get that. Is this slang known outside of the US?
              "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
              "Without music, life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
              "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
              "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

Playing as Santiago, I called the Council to repeal the UN Charter so I could use my PBs against Miriam... Lal voted against it and my proposal was not approved. I then nuked Lal with my PBs. I lost that game, but it was sooo good to nuke Lal into oblivion!!!
                I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Sweet Moments

Originally posted by Kirov

What do you mean? how do you edit it?
                  Essentially in my explorations of SMAC(X) I've stumbled upon instances where the game's rules have been "bent", for lack of a better term. Essentially I attribute this to what I call "hidden code", or "hardcoding", meaning it can't be manipulated by us (as far as I know currently...). I can't edit these attributes, but I can use their characteristics to my own ends.....

D

Comment

Fuzz...

You mean that stuff that collects near your belly button?

Comment

Eww
                      Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

I admit it, I'm an American, forget about the Russian flag, it's so I can find my posts easier, I have only seen two other people with the same flag. Colors tend to stick out, but anyway, being an American, I ain't like you dang Europeans and Asians over there making fun off our "superior" government. Did I mention pigs can fly? So anyway, what is fuzz?

Comment

I recall my Dad calling police Fuzz sometimes, altough I prefer Pigs (which is a far more usual term for police here).

For normal factions who would happily condone cracking commie skulls I just call the cops something boring like "Cops". I only use creative names for factions that don't really agree with the concept of police (ie those caring or anarchist leaning factions). Like as Gaians I call them "Recycling Police", as if the police help the smooth running of the base rather than beating up dissidents, for DA's I call them "Eristic Illusioneers" (I call trance infantry "Illuminati" - DA's should go crazy with naming stuff), I should probably come up with a good Hive name for police that indicates the Guardian or Protector role of Hive police. They are there to keep bad things out the tunnels, not keep you in the tunnels, seriously

I do get a bit of a kick out of coming up with nicely appropriate names for units to fit the twisted ideologies of the various factions
                          Last edited by Blake; January 2, 2005, 03:36.

Comment

Boot-legged thugs is what we around here in the middle of Missouri like to name cops as...

Comment

Working...
                            X