No announcement yet.

please help me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fleeda, if you intend to play SMAC, I highly recommed applying the Win2000/XP Compatibility patch. This patch upgrades SMAC version 4.0 to version 5.0 and removes several major bugs.

Also, I suggest installing SMAC version 4.0 from your original CD; play a few turns; install SMACX version 2.0; play a few turns of both SMAC and SMACX and finally patching the game to SMAC version 5.0.

Comment

okey thanks!
      I will try that
      But not now, I am so tired...

Comment

Hi!

It seems like the problem is the v.2.0 patch for alien crossfire. My ALien Crossfire CD is v.1.0 And no problems with that one. It is after I install the v.20 patch the problems start. Maybe I do not know the magical install procedure ? And the XP patch doesnt help. Am I really the only one in the world who had this problem!?

Comment

Originally posted by fleeda
          Hi!

It seems like the problem is the v.2.0 patch for alien crossfire. My ALien Crossfire CD is v.1.0 And no problems with that one. It is after I install the v.20 patch the problems start. Am I really the only one in the world who had this problem!?
          It would appear so! Can you start a game, verify that it has the issue that you describe, then zip and post into this thread? That way others can see if the same issue happens on their machines.

D

Comment

Originally posted by Darsnan

It would appear so! Can you start a game, verify that it has the issue that you describe, then zip and post into this thread? That way others can see if the same issue happens on their machines.

D
            He already did so (see an earlier post in this thread). I opened the file and couldn't reproduce the problem.
            "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
            -- Kosh

Comment

Working...
            X