Unfortunately, to read it properly you'll have to use the
    "View Source" option in your browser, or download the
    page and open it up in a text editor. The HTML page is
    missing a PRE tag.

Don't know how it plays, but it looks like it could be a fun
    way to get a quick SMAC fix.

btw, the game is part of a (much) larger collection of card
    games... for instance check out:

Warp Spawn Games, Warpspawn, Games, Microgames, Strategy, Abstract, Board Games, War Games, Wargames, RPG, Role Playing, Computer Games, Gamers, Card Games, Collectible Card Games, Simulation, Wargamers, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Science Fiction, Dice Games, Minigames, WWII, Warp, Spawn

and

I hate card games. I blame card games for damaging what little was left of the pen'n'paper RPGs in the 90's. I believe that the only thing that spared pen'n'paper RPGs from total obscurity by the wrath of immediate gratification card games, was the reintroduction of D&D in the simplified, leaner, meaner d20 system.

But I have to admit, this looks interesting.

How in the world did you find this?

PS: when I say I hate card games, mean these new trading card type games.....I love classic strategy card games. I even placed second in a hearts tournament once. I'm number 2! I'm number 2!
    Last edited by livid imp; November 22, 2004, 13:52.
    "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
    "Without music, life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
    "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
    "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

Wow. Looks really ... overdone on the complexity there.

Maybe I'll have a shot at making something a little leaner and quicker.
      I can't help but note the complete lack of any description of what's meant to be in each cardpack.

anyone else with ideas, send PM or IM to:
      asdf#endgame@jabber.zim.net.auasdf (jabber)
      asdf155897001asdf (ICQ)
      My 'poly PM
      asdfweldingmaskman@hotmail.comasdf (msn)

minus 'asdf'
      #play s.-cd#g+c-ga#+dgfg#+cf----q.c
      #endgame

Quantum P. is a champion: http://geocities.com/zztexpert/docs/upoprgv4.html

Comment

Originally posted by #endgame
        Wow. Looks really ... overdone on the complexity there.
        I speculate that this is an intial design plan for a card game playing program, in which case the complexity would be appropriate. I used to have folders full of similar looking notes until I owned a soild computer of my own.

Then again, I don't play trading card games, so maybe I am way off here.
        "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
        "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
        "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

That doesn't look like a trading card game, though since no cards exist and you just make your own, it definitely isn't a trading card game yet.

In my experience, all sorts of card games fail to displace pen and paper RPGing. Both are fun, though the latter requires much more planning.
          "Cutlery confused Stalin"
          -BBC news

Comment

To be honest, I know I'll never actually produce anything. Besides, I have the Aldebaran project to keep going.
            #play s.-cd#g+c-ga#+dgfg#+cf----q.c
            #endgame

Quantum P. is a champion: http://geocities.com/zztexpert/docs/upoprgv4.html

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos Theory
              That doesn't look like a trading card game, though since no cards exist and you just make your own, it definitely isn't a trading card game yet.
              Of course no cards exsist yet, that is why I stated "intial design plan[s]"

Originally posted by Chaos Theory
              In my experience, all sorts of card games fail to displace pen and paper RPGing. Both are fun, though the latter requires much more planning.
              I used to be an avid PnP RPG'er back in the 80's and early 90's. I used to go to (AFAIK) the largest RPG convention in Los Angeles. In the early 90's it was huge, taking up a full two convention floors plus one floor of just gaming rooms. Shortly there after the trading card games came around and the attendance started dropping every year. By the late 90's the convention was about a third to a quarter its original size. While trading card games wont kill off PnP RPGs all together, I have no doubts it played a major role in damaging them.

Comment

CCG = no imagination, no effort, continual expenditure of money

PnP = imagination and effort required, money unimportant
                (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

to Staybow.....exactly my main arguement against trading card games.

Theoretically, a rich man could simply buy his way to victory.

Comment

Working...
                  X