New experience with fungus tower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New experience with fungus tower

I have just captured 14 mind worms 2 spore launchers AND a fungus tower !!! While i have captured many MW and SL before, this is my first tower. Am i blessed or cursed ?
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

I've heard of this happening, but the tower will revert to native control next turn.
    "Cutlery confused Stalin"
    -BBC news

Comment

Sorry for the disturbance - it went wild next round.
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Same thing happens if you build one in your base.... It reverts to a tower the next turn, right on the square of your base. (You don't lose the base either)
        I once was a slave to the Alderbaran 2 project!
        Now I shall work towards cIV:AC!... Oh Wait, that's dead too...
        It's Nword like 'lord' and 'sword'

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Nword
          Same thing happens if you build one in your base.... It reverts to a tower the next turn, right on the square of your base. (You don't lose the base either)
          Are you saying that you can build a fungal tower? Never saw this, and don't believe it's possible.
          "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
          -- Kosh

Comment

If you set the fungal tower entry in alphax.txt to have a prereq besides "disable", you can probably build one.
            -BBC news

Comment

i guess if u edited the rules you could make any number of weird bugs happan.that dosnt really count...
              if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

I have to withdraw my comment. Followed Chaos Theory's suggestion about modifying alphax.txt and was able to build one of the towers. Weird!
                "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
                -- Kosh

Comment

It is indeed weird... I was a bit bummed when I discovered it too..., it would be cool to see the results of having fungal towers that you control... especially if you could move them (by adding grav floaty thingies)

Comment

Can you still move your own units in a base, of yours or that of a pactmate, which has a fungal tower in it? Or do you start attacking the tower?

Stationary base defences... Could be useful for some scenarios.
                    /me starts dreaming.
                    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

You don't attack the fungus tower... iirc... I did that test a few months ago, and have since deleted the save file I think....

I did prove that I could build Battle ogres though

Comment

Occasionally, I've had units in the same tile as a fungal tower. This most often happens because it sprouts in an occupied tile as a result of a fungal bloom. If you attack the tower while your unit is in the tile, you attack the tower normally, but if you win, your units under the tower are destroyed. You can move out of the tower's tile normally.
                        -BBC news

Comment

Working...
                        X