Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding faction art bug

Hi all,

I am currently hosting a 7 player game. Now when I go and activate the save, the faction art for the factions is all randomised.

To the extent that each time I open it, the art has been randomised again (ie Hive with Believers art, and then with Caretakers

Any ideas guys?

Hi 1965guy,

This is a known bug. Essentially for you to fix this on your machine is to start a single player SMAX game and set up the Factions exactly in the same order as they occur in your hosted game. Play one turn of this game and then exit, and it will then save the settings to your Alpha Centauri configurations file, so that the next time you open your 7 player hosted game the Factions will have the correct Factional art.
    Note that all other player's in your game will also have to do the same if they want to see the correct graphics in the game. You should also be aware that the issue of the wrong graphics display is only related to the graphics: social engineering settings remain unchanged.
    FYI and hope this helps!

D

Comment

The flaw is in Alpha Centauri.ini, so my solution is to copy a good version of the file, and copy it back when I want to load a game.
      "Cutlery confused Stalin"
      -BBC news

Comment

Why thank you guys! gentlemen and scholars all

Comment

I deal with it in some, as I think, quite quick way:

I have on my desktop a smal txt file having something like that inside -

ACDG 3

Faction 1=GAIANS
          Faction 2=HIVE
          Faction 3=UNIV
          Faction 4=ANGELS
          Faction 5=MORGAN
          Faction 6=SPARTANS
          Faction 7=PEACE

This is ofcourse for current ACDG game, just one set from several games of SMAX I play. And also I have a shortcut to AlphaCentauri.ini

I open the txt file, select those seven lines, copy them then opne the ini file with the shortcut, highlight the appropriate seven lines there, paste the new seven lines, save the ini file, and close both.

Ready to play with correct graphics. Experimentally proven the fastest way, especially when I often play several multiplayer games simultaneously. It is a bit tiering, but slowly I get used to it... I noticed though that a game which I started with my friend through the TCP/IP protocol does not have this bug! However it gets something like 20 new bugs in that place...
          Mart
          Map creation contest
          WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

Working...
          X