No announcement yet.

To Iron Man, or not to Iron Man?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are still missing the point Commy. This has nothing to do with value judgement. This is about how the mechanics of the game work. I don't give a flying f#@k whether people use Iron Man or not. It is their game, they do what ever they want with it. I did want to figure out why some people had reported differing results when reloading when my results were always the same as discussed in this thread.
    "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
    "Without music, life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
    "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
    "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

I don't have the balls to IM...
      In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

You know, you really should have gotten one of those flu shots...

Comment

No way, those things make you sick
          "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
          "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
          "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris I don't have the balls to IM...
            Reloading takes away what little excitement is left in SP for me. So I wouldn't reload anyway. So I might as well get the score boost for IM.

Don't think about what you lose with IM on.....think about what you gain with it on.

Comment

Funny, that's kind of like what I said...

Comment

Don't use it. I've had too many instances of computer failure to risk losing out on a game I've spent hours working on.

Not that I can really be serious about SP much thesedays. Like Net Warrior said, it's far too easy, and unless you're having some contest against others playing the same SP game for some kind of special goal, it's not all that fun.
                Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

I don't play with Iron Man just because I worry about the game crashing. I also save every turn. But, I never reload any turn except the one I saved right before exiting, and actually only keep one save file which I overright with each save (with no Auto saves), so effectively, I am playing Iron Man.

If I had known it kept an Autosave file, I probably would play with it on, since I'd have a backup turn in event of a game crash.
                  Fitz. (n.) Old English
                  1. Child born out of wedlock.
                  2. Bastard.

Comment

I believe that reloads are variable. I play Iron Woman Transcend when I do play, and that is not very often at all.
                    "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Same here, Fitz
                      Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Working...
                      X