Custom Faction PCX file Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Faction PCX file Problems

Ive Had This Problem since i tried making a faction. When i create a faction and load it into SMAC the rules are loaded in but the pcx files are defaulted to the Gaians PCX Files! ive tried reinstalling, the latest patch and the XP patch but the same thing happens. Even editing pcx files of current factions (eg University) it STILL defaults to the Gaians PCX Files. what am i doing wrong?
    http://www.phpbbplanet.com/forum/index.php?mforum=gamersrus

I have the same problem, I have no idea how to fix it. Keep your eye open for guys like smacksim and darsnan (hope I have those spelled right). They are two of the resident AC Creation guys......speaking of which, this post really should be in the AC Creation forum.
    "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
    "Without music, life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
    "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
    "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

This is automatic when you load faction via using 'load button'. Simply add it to the list of factions in alpha.txt and make sure it has the same name as pcx files. If I understood your problem correctly this should work.
      SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Illuminatus
        This is automatic when you load faction via using 'load button'. Simply add it to the list of factions in alpha.txt and make sure it has the same name as pcx files. If I understood your problem correctly this should work.
        I think Illuminatus has it pretty much correct, but because this is SMAC why there can only be 7 Factions, hence instead of adding the info in the appropriate section of the alpha.txt file you would need to replace one of the existing Factions with your mod'd Faction, following Illuminatus' instructions as to the format. Your mod'd Faction should then show up when you start the game.

D

Comment

Sorry, its still loading up the gaian pcx files

P.S sorry if its in the wrong forum

Comment

attach your custom mod files and your modified alpha.txt file here and I'll download tonight and look at it.

D

Comment

Sorry to ask a silly question but how would you attach these files onto the forum? Im new to this forum and would have emailed them to you but i dont know your address.

Comment

ababdnandal@twcny.rr.comabab minus the ab's. I've got a cable modem so np on the size.

D

Comment

Working...
                X