No announcement yet.

Flawless Victory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I do these kinds of self challenges I like to try to keep things as standard as possible to make them comparable to others experiences. That way you don't get people saying "oh yea, sure you won under x, y, and z conditions, anyone could." I ran my current game as standard map size, and everything on average. To me this lends the most crediblity to the game. Of course a little luck is the ultimate variable, but we all have our fair shot at that.
    "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
    "Without music, life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
    "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
    "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

winning on standard is much better than arid\high fungus\70-90% water,becuase anyone could beat the AI on that.

i have done it once,but it was not my intention.i never thought of doing that,but really,you only need the first 7 or so.the AI never gets another SP after those anyway.

and on the stockpile energy bug,if you use no queues,it will switch to that every turn.really,dont you want to evaluate the best choice every time you build something anyway?
      if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Originally posted by Cataphract887
        ....really,you only need the first 7 or so.the AI never gets another SP after those anyway.
        True, but those seven or so are also the hardest ones to secure. The AI would either redirect the mins and build the ME after losing the HGP and WP or it would take the PEG because that tech branch is very low priority.

Originally posted by Cataphract887
        and on the stockpile energy bug,if you use no queues,it will switch to that every turn.really,dont you want to evaluate the best choice every time you build something anyway?
        I am over my stockpile hang ups now
        I am just a lazy player and don't like slow turns.
        "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
        "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
        "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow
          "Hog crawler"

Later in the game I keep an armored Fission Rover crawler in the unit list long after it should be obsolete. It can cost twice the minerals of an equivalent Q crawler.
          Late in my current game i was fortunate enough that one of those pods around the poles popped a facilities builder. My 2252 Hog Crawler is a Fission Clean Trance Silksteel Needle Jet worth 410 mins even with a +2 industry running

Edit: Duh, I was running 0 industry at the time, not +2

I could insta-build the Nano-factory and still have 10 mins left over
          Last edited by livid imp; November 15, 2004, 13:21.

Comment

Re: Flawless Victory

Originally posted by livid imp

So my question is: Has anyone ever pulled this off? Anyone have an guess on how to go about this?
            I managed it with the Peacekeepers- I happened across the Garland Crater with several mineral bonuses from popped pods, and an increase in height from a malfunctioning pod, and a pod that sprouted forest onto the mineral bonuses that simply expanded at a magnificent rate.

I also had Mount Planet, and a few other goodies, was next to a sea dwelling Santiago who quickly was beaten down into submissive sisterhood, and took on a bizarrely aggressive Deirdre, and Miriam was restricted by fungal towers and worms to an island which no one else visited.

Yang and Zakharov were busy fighting each other and Morgan wanted only to be my friend as Zakh and Yang were being beastly to him.

It was very strange- I kept expecting to be wiped out by a meteor strike, but had sensibly spread out the Special Projects (in the early stages, almost running out of cities to build them).
            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
            X