Prayers for Vel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayers for Vel

I have posted this at the ACDG forum but I thought I should post it here too.

A lot of people here know Vel and his great contribution toward the SMAC/X players community. However perhaps not everyone knows that he has been very sick. Please see this thread for some information. There is also updates in the middle of the thread.

I'm thinking getting a card that is signed by multiple people to him. It may take a long time for the card to forward from one person to another, so it may not be practical. But if there are people who feel interested please let me know.
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

good place to post it. Vel's influence on the strategy forum is legendary. Be strong Vel!

Comment

Please wish Vel a speedy recovery from the Enixine!
      "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

As with many on this forum, I count Vel as one of the biggest positive influences at Apolyton and a great student of SMAC.

Get well soon!

Comment

It has been a couple weeks since this went up. I was wondering if there has been any news on Vel's condition?

And thank you to Vel for all your good works, loved the SMAC guide (but who didn't ). Get well soon.
          "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
          "Without music, life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
          "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
          "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

Originally posted by livid imp
            It has been a couple weeks since this went up. I was wondering if there has been any news on Vel's condition?
            In the OT forum, Ishtar stated on 11/5 that he had visited Vel in the hospital. Vel was said to be doing better and might go home in a few days.
            "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
            -- Kosh

Comment

Vel's back in case you didn't know.

Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Great to hear, welcome back Vel.

I don't visit the OT forums that often, thank you both for the info.
                "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
                "Without music, life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
                "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
                "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

Working...
                X