Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sky Captain and...

Saw Sky Captain.

How long before someone comes up with a 'World of Tomorrow' faction?

(Don't want to give away the plot. But if you see it you'll know!)

GFC
    "The first rule of Girlfight Club: No one gossips about Girlfight Club. That means you, Sheryl."
    -----------------------------
    Girlfight_club of Toliman has authorized a secret project, "The Planetary Datalinks": http://planetarydatalinks.hub.io

Sky Captain is a movie?
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Even if it is half as lame as 99%(a literal 99%, not a figurative one) of the custom factions out there, I still hope I never find out.

All I can do is reiterate this thread
      "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
      "Without music, life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
      "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
      "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

*Points to AC-Creation forum*

I have no idea what this faction is, but best of luck. The people over at AC-C are pretty good when it comes to picking at customfacs.

How much of the ideology can you give away without breaking the plot?
        #play s.-cd#g+c-ga#+dgfg#+cf----q.c
        #endgame

Quantum P. is a champion: http://geocities.com/zztexpert/docs/upoprgv4.html

Comment

Originally posted by #endgame
          How much of the ideology can you give away without breaking the plot?
          Er, plot wouldn't matter much, but it's a spoiler all the same. I mentioned the movie because "The World of Tomorrow" will ring a bell for SMAC players-- not because it'd make a playable faction.

But the question wasn't rhetorical... indeed, how long before some ook out there decides Chiron is burdened with another movie faction...?

Originally posted by livid imp
          Even if it is half as lame as 99%(a literal 99%, not a figurative one) of the custom factions out there, I still hope I never find out.

All I can do is reiterate this thread
          I read that thread. I think when it comes to faction balance, there are only so many that can fit all the parameters of:

a) realism of society concept
          b) current build of the game
          c) balance with existing official factions
          d) balance with best current, standard play strategies

Most of the factions at networknode.org were originally designed in sets of seven; now they're all bunched on a list. I think sets of 7 factions can be well-balanced with each other, even if they would be too weak or too strong when played against official factions. I'm pretty sure the designers on SMAX had this dilemma.

But perhaps I should be posting all this in that thread....

GFC
          "The first rule of Girlfight Club: No one gossips about Girlfight Club. That means you, Sheryl."
          -----------------------------
          Girlfight_club of Toliman has authorized a secret project, "The Planetary Datalinks": http://planetarydatalinks.hub.io

Comment

Working...
          X