Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! It simply doesn't work!

Hello!

Ok, 3 years later, I'm trying to play again but it didn't work on my new machine. So I went here to learn what to do. Alas, new problems arose!

-- Laptop, Pentium 4, 2.4 , 512 Ram, Windows XP

-- I first installed SMAC, then SMAX, then the last two patches SMAC4 and SMAX2, then the XP compatibility patch.
    -- Then, I changed the line from " =0 " to " =1" in the AC.ini file

Problems are:
    -- when it asks "Classical" or "Alien Crossfire" and I click on "Classical", it crashes! It just disappears.
    -- When I click on "Alien Crossfire", it begins ok. But I can only play a "Quick start" (and I don't want to). Otherwise, I can only go so far in the customization as the Customization of rules. When I save them, it says "TERRANX. ICD has encountered a problem..blah blah blah." and it closes all!

So, sorry but these weren't discussed. I did everything talked about in the FAQ.
    Someone can help? And, please, use common terms: I'm no computer nut and my windows is not in English.
    From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Re: HELP! It simply doesn't work!

Originally posted by vishniac
    -- When I click on "Alien Crossfire", it begins ok. But I can only play a "Quick start" (and I don't want to). Otherwise, I can only go so far in the customization as the Customization of rules. When I save them, it says "TERRANX. ICD has encountered a problem..blah blah blah." and it closes all!
    I've encountered that problem once before too. Fortunately a simple reinstall solved the problem. Have you already tried that?
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Hem, no!
      I shall...at once!

But do I reinstall only SMAX or also all the patches and all the tralala?
      Bloody computers!
      From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Comment

You need to reinstall the whole rimram. The reason is that a 'vanilla' reinstall overwrites the patches.
        He who knows others is wise.
        He who knows himself is enlightened.
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I just reinstalled SMAX...but IT WORKED!!
          After 3 years, at last...

I'll see another day if I have to reinstall something else; now, I have a Believer to crush, yoohooh!

Comment

Have fun crushing those fundies!
            Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
            Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Ahum, don't insult our next ACDG home faction...
              He who knows others is wise.
              He who knows himself is enlightened.
              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Or just use terran.exe and terranx.exe in future.
                #play s.-cd#g+c-ga#+dgfg#+cf----q.c
                #endgame

Quantum P. is a champion: http://geocities.com/zztexpert/docs/upoprgv4.html

Comment

That's what the icon links to.
                  (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                  (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                  (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
                  X