Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA Conqueror's Collection

I'm boggled to think I have a scoop on this, but--

Has anyone seen the EA Conqueror's Collection? It's been out a couple weeks now.

I wandered into Game Stop the other day, and lo and behold the serene visage of Chairman Yang smiling down at me from the corner of a new EA 5-pak.

It's got Celtic Kings, Waterloo, SMCW, Tiberian Sun, and SMAC. No sign of SMAX-- unless it's the SMAX disc in there. It's not completely clear, but I doubt it.

EA has nothing about this on their site!

Even yahoo doesn't have a picture... (link)

The world must know!!!!

GFC
    "The first rule of Girlfight Club: No one gossips about Girlfight Club. That means you, Sheryl."
    -----------------------------
    Girlfight_club of Toliman has authorized a secret project, "The Planetary Datalinks": http://planetarydatalinks.hub.io

Sounds better than the Laptop Collection, except why on earth would they not put Smax in there? Someone buy it and tell us about it....
    Aldebaran 2.1 for Smax is in Beta Testing. Join us for our first Succession Game

Comment

Originally posted by smacksim
      Sounds better than the Laptop Collection, except why on earth would they not put Smax in there? Someone buy it and tell us about it....
      Because if someone buys the Conquerers Collection and likes SMAC, then whats the cheapest approach to getting SMAX other than plopping down another $20US to buy the Laptop Collection (another EA product - correct?)?
      Regardless, its nice to see a software company promoting SMAC(X) at all: the game is after all almost 6 years old now, which is an eternity in this genre. I think it is a testament to how well designed the game originally was that a software company sees any opportunity for profit at all (and indeed is there any Sci-Fi tbs game out there that can beat SMAC(X) even today?). For EA to bundle it the way I described above is simply strategic marketing, but hopefully it will bring some new recruits to our ranks as well, creating a win/win scenario for both parties....

D

Comment

A female drone! And she's a Superdrone! I'm in love

Hey baby, wanna wrestle?
        "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
        "Without music, life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
        "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
        "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

Great--
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by livid imp
            A female drone! And she's a Superdrone! I'm in love

Hey baby, wanna wrestle?

Funny you should mention wrestling, since it comes up in my next Toliman Preludes installment.

As for that other stuff, don't you have droning to do?

"The first rule of Girlfight Club: No one gossips about Girlfight Club. That means you, Sheryl."
            Girlfight_club of Toliman has authorized a secret project, "The Planetary Datalinks": http://planetarydatalinks.hub.io

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber
              Great--
              Hey gimme credit, at least I didn't say "A/S/L?"

Besides, what is so unappealing about two angry, hairless, red people rolling around together?
              "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
              "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
              "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

if they are women, (real women, not russian weightliftsters or so with more testosteron then men have) its real fun to look at, just add chocolade sauce for a better effect

aargh *dreams*

i really need a gf
                http://www.danasoft.com/sig/scare2140.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by -SafaN-
                  if they are women, (real women, not russian weightliftsters or so with more testosteron then men have)

What, is everyone else on this thread a Psi Talent?

Toliman thread

...Only if that were so, why didn't anyone know about the Conqueror's Collection...?

GFC

Comment

Originally posted by girlfight_club
                    What, is everyone else on this thread a Psi Talent?
                    Shhh....quite Safan.....she on to us

Comment

Because you have to wait so long to gather enough posts for your custom avatar, and OT don't count . Now I can post pictures of my little honey-bun (who likes to sit on daddy's lap and help him play SMAC - but NOT PBEM, I had one keyboard incident before she got her own) Eventually she'll probably play games with me on the home network - Apolyton will stay off limits until she is older, for, umm, obvious reasons.
                      The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                      And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                      Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                      Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

The box image in the current listing for EA Conqueror's Collection at newegg shows SMAC not SMAX
                        I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

Working...
                        X