Playing Movies from disc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing Movies from disc

I have SMAC+AC. Is there any possibility to play movies from disk not from CD - editing ini file...? Problem is that my CD is scratched. And as i found out, some movie files are unreadable. I am able to "rip" the movies from cd by using some spec utilities. But the program is stil traing to read them from cd...

Ty..

Download the movies from here (for free):

("files/tools and more")
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

ok, but?

Movies are no problem I already rip them, but have can I "force" program to use this movies on disk?

Comment

I think there are some configuration options in the .ini file...I'm not too sure though...I did a full install, and thus it doesn't usually resort to the disk. Maybe its a registry option for you Windows users. Hmm.
        Last edited by Natalinasmpf; September 9, 2004, 06:23.
        Arise ye starvelings from your slumbers; arise ye prisoners of want
        The reason for revolt now thunders; and at last ends the age of "can't"
        Away with all your superstitions -servile masses, arise, arise!
        We'll change forthwith the old conditions And spurn the dust to win the prize

Comment

hmm, I found no movies on link u gave binTravkin ;-(

Comment

There ARE movies!
            In that list there is all needed files
            If that doesnt work try:

where you can find a lot of stuff and more links
            -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

the movies are on the disc, so is the player.

Type playuv15 into a dos prompt in the movie folder.

Comment

also the movies are in

firaxisgames/sid meiers AC/movies

Comment

I think I did a full install to get the movies onto the disk.

Comment

Convertor

Can I convert my own movie into the SMAC file format? - I found no "Konvertor" into WVE...
                    It would be nice to have personaliser Intro ;-)

Comment

If you can figure out the wve format, and do alot of work.

Comment

I have already found program reading WVE (and converting into MPG...), but it is unable do write into WVE... ;-(

Comment

So search more - I think there was one, I even think I have it, but dunno where..

Comment

Thats it - find it. The hardest think on net ;-(

Comment

I have already found program reading WVE (and converting into MPG...), but it is unable do write into WVE... ;-(

Using Mplayer, I believe if you can find a codec for WVE that it can understand (or compile Mplayer against it)......it will work both ways...

Amazingly, xine (for Linux) can understand the audio stream!

But the graphics of SMAC/SMAX are of a certain style, and inserting one's own custom movie might not fit exactly...
                              Arise ye starvelings from your slumbers; arise ye prisoners of want
                              The reason for revolt now thunders; and at last ends the age of "can't"
                              Away with all your superstitions -servile masses, arise, arise!
                              We'll change forthwith the old conditions And spurn the dust to win the prize

Comment

Working...
                              X