Help: Cyborg SP crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help: Cyborg SP crash

I'm playing SMAX SP, fully patched, and with the CD crack installed. Twice in a row, upon completing the Cyborg SP, the game crashed. I checked the Windows 2000 task manager and it showed the game was not responding and that terranx.exe had 35,380K memory in use.

All the rest of my SP movies have always run ok in the past.

I went back and tried again with the movie turned off and that finally worked. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there another way around it?

Maybe your movie became corrupt..
    Havent you been doing some sort of defragmenting, moving files or got a virus recently?

You can try to download a new copy of movies from:
    smac.2be.cc or from your SMAX CD, if got one
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

That's a good suggestion. I'll break out the CD and re-copy the file. Thanks.

Comment

Youre welcome!
        -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
        -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Well, that did it. I copied and pasted the Cyborg Factory movie to my hard disc and the movie played fine. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

The smac movies directory for Windows comes in with its own commandline program for playing movies without launching the game itself....you can "test" the movie in question by running the program on commandline, and the location of the movie as its argument.

Of course now that its all resolved, its not needed, but in case anyone will come upon this thread again...
            Arise ye starvelings from your slumbers; arise ye prisoners of want
            The reason for revolt now thunders; and at last ends the age of "can't"
            Away with all your superstitions -servile masses, arise, arise!
            We'll change forthwith the old conditions And spurn the dust to win the prize

Comment

Working...
            X