Infantry glitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infantry glitch

I have french version of smac. It runs very fine but my infantry units are created small in appearance. Mostly when they have good weapon like missile for example. Is it a bug or what. I am newbie on smac (3 months) but i think it's a bug. I have the last patch (4.0), windows 98, AMD processor and smac "pure" (not editing in txt files) in complete installation. Thanks.

It happens to everyone, and I'm pretty sure it's not a bug, but i'm not sure why it's a feature either.
    I once was a slave to the Alderbaran 2 project!
    Now I shall work towards cIV:AC!... Oh Wait, that's dead too...
    It's Nword like 'lord' and 'sword'

Comment

Jurande, if you play the original SMAC (not Alien Crossfire) you should install the 'real' latest patch, the WinXP/2000 Compatibility patch (version 5.0). It fixes some very annoying bugs (especially if you enjoy playing the Morganites or the Human Hive--or simply enjoy the higher difficulty levels) still present in version 4.0.

My infantry units are 'small' as well for weaponry higher than Particle Impactors.

Comment

Yes, everyone's "infantry units" appear smaller at times, no matter what kind of "weapon" it is. Especially when it's cold.

Oh, wait… you meant in the game… sorry.

(\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

I think its a graphics oversight, not a bug.
          Arise ye starvelings from your slumbers; arise ye prisoners of want
          The reason for revolt now thunders; and at last ends the age of "can't"
          Away with all your superstitions -servile masses, arise, arise!
          We'll change forthwith the old conditions And spurn the dust to win the prize

Comment

Working...
          X