X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turns/day

Hi all!

i have question, how do u guys play smac, i mean how much turns/ day

i tend to start in the morning and playing to deep in the night, but its not good for my concentration
    I just fear that if playing like 10 turns/ day, i would forgot some plots and goals i had planned
    The pbem style is 1 turn/4 days or so and that gives a whole other idea of the game, so whats your favorite?
    if i begin i don't stop
    51.85%
    50 turns/day
    22.22%
    10 turns/day
    18.52%
    several days/turn
    7.41%
    http://www.danasoft.com/sig/scare2140.jpg

Unless I start losing really bad, I just keep going.

I can get a game finished in a day if I really had the time to just sit here.

A game on a huge map 30/50% water, I can usualy play/win in 2 days.

But then I am a stay at home person, dont have to work, nor do I have small children running around!

My Husband thinks all I do is sit in front of the Computer all day!!!

Comment

My most stress relieving game has turns that take an hour each...

Terraformers are just stressrelieving...
      I once was a slave to the Alderbaran 2 project!
      Now I shall work towards cIV:AC!... Oh Wait, that's dead too...
      It's Nword like 'lord' and 'sword'

Comment

You think SP?

I voted for the least option as I thought you're talking about PBEM..

Well, If I really want to play SMAC/X I rarely stop doing it until it's done (game over), cos after loading a save it's not so interesting anymore..

But it happens very rarely that I really want to play SMAC/X - life, wife, you know..

However in TCP/IP..LAN..Cable MP saving a game and loading the next evening can be an option!
        -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
        -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

I'm more or less done with SP. If I start a game and it goes well I might go for 70-100 turns depending on the size of my faction. Once turns are getting longer I usually don't continue anymore (or I'm already top in the graphs, or I'm in a dragging war with the top brass AI).
          He who knows others is wise.
          He who knows himself is enlightened.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I still like SP, for the various challenges, oh, and for Aldebaran (shameless plug), which can whoop my arse. Still, the game gets extremely boring if/once you are on top. I get 10 turns a day, at which point I go crosseyed and start looking like Bill the Cat.....ack! I fondly remember being able to play an SP game for a whole day though....
            Aldebaran 2.1 for Smax is in Beta Testing. Join us for our first Succession Game

Comment

Initially I play ~100 turns, like GeoModder. Then I slow down as the faction grows, and eventually settle in to a ~10/day pace.
              (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

It depends on the map size, of course, but in general, I have to play at least until I don’t have to worry about anyone attacking. Then I can get back to building and terraforming.

Comment

Originally posted by smacksim
                  ....at which point I go crosseyed and start looking like Bill the Cat.....ack!
                  That is my Counter-Strike nick, "Bill the Cat ACK!!"
                  "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
                  "Without music, life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
                  "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
                  "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

at the point im at in a morgan game, 3 turns is plenty for a day.

Comment

AC ought to be played in real time.
                      Visit First Cultural Industries
                      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

then we should wait quite a few years before we can even start
                        http://www.danasoft.com/sig/scare2140.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by -SafaN-
                          then we should wait quite a few years before we can even start

When I get the chance to play SP, why I'll sit a good 3-4 hours playing. However, I don't put as much effort into the game as I do for my PBEM's, so turns fly right by. I do the same when I am setting up PBEM's as usually I'm just looking to ensuer that no problems surface 30 - 40 turns into a game.

D

Comment

just one more turn
                            I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

I never really bothered counting the number of turns I might play in a single day. Since I have other things to do, and other games to play, I tend to be a bit rushed though. Whether it means I condense a larger number of turns into a small timeframe, or I don't get enough time for many turns, I can't really say.
                              "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
                              "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
                              "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                              X