help I am stuck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help I am stuck!

I am deep into a game of alien crossfire and some how... two menus poped up on the screen at the same time. the top menu is offering to let me scrap my perimiter defenses... below that is the unit workshop menu. I can not seem to back out of the top menu... I can scroll through the options but when i click ok nothing happens, and I can not get back into my game. Anyone know how to get out of this?

never mind I got out

Comment

it's one of those manageable bugs where when you have a "popup" open, you can still click other places on the screen.
      I once was a slave to the Alderbaran 2 project!
      Now I shall work towards cIV:AC!... Oh Wait, that's dead too...
      It's Nword like 'lord' and 'sword'

Comment

I think I've begun to notice that as well, except at a different location. I can open the queue when a popup is asking whether I want to give up minerals to switch production.
        Known in most other places as Anon Zytose.
        +3 Research, +2 Efficiency, -1 Growth, -2 Industry, -2 Support.
        http://anonzytose.deviantart.com/

Comment

I used to get that a lot in the past. Then I got a lot more careful in ensureing I only did one thing at a time. The more intense the game, the more likely I was to do it.

I usually got out of it by clicking and clicking (and seemed like back and forth) until I was able to back out of it.

Mead

Comment

I found that I was still able to access the menu on botton menu eventhough I could not see all of it, and thereby exit from the double menu. Too bad this was never fixed in any of the patches.

Comment

This is actually the source of a major bug. The exact mechanics of this bug were deleted when posted (and so it would be futile for me to repost them), but the visible effect is that you can hurry several things when you should have only been able to hurry one. In PBEMs this can break the game, but it's fairly easy to detect. So, if you see someone build 5 SPs on 2135, you can be pretty sure that they're cheating, using this bug.
              "Cutlery confused Stalin"
              -BBC news

Comment

ouch.
                #play s.-cd#g+c-ga#+dgfg#+cf----q.c
                #endgame

Quantum P. is a champion: http://geocities.com/zztexpert/docs/upoprgv4.html

Comment

It's amazing just how buggy this game is. It just reinforces my belief that SMAC is a fantastic prototype, but just that; a prototype. I long for the day that Firaxis games get to that level of ingenuity again, but also as (very nearly totally) bug free as Conquests is now.
                  Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Come on Firaxis, build those skunkwords!

Or hire some Spartans...!
                    Arise ye starvelings from your slumbers; arise ye prisoners of want
                    The reason for revolt now thunders; and at last ends the age of "can't"
                    Away with all your superstitions -servile masses, arise, arise!
                    We'll change forthwith the old conditions And spurn the dust to win the prize

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                      It's amazing just how buggy this game is. It just reinforces my belief that SMAC is a fantastic prototype, but just that; a prototype. I long for the day that Firaxis games get to that level of ingenuity again, but also as (very nearly totally) bug free as Conquests is now.
                      I almost hate to, but I do agree with this view. I especially hate how I've been getting a lot of game crashes when a random units attack random unit. I always have to go back and replay the turn so that that battle doesn't happen...
                      I once was a slave to the Alderbaran 2 project!
                      Now I shall work towards cIV:AC!... Oh Wait, that's dead too...
                      It's Nword like 'lord' and 'sword'

Comment

Actually it seems to be Windows; doesn't happen for me in Linux.
                        Arise ye starvelings from your slumbers; arise ye prisoners of want
                        The reason for revolt now thunders; and at last ends the age of "can't"
                        Away with all your superstitions -servile masses, arise, arise!
                        We'll change forthwith the old conditions And spurn the dust to win the prize

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                          It'll never happen, Brian Reynolds is gone man!

Plus, even if they did, given the big F's recent track record with CIv, I wouldn't bank on a non-buggy release

But even so, we can hope . . .
                          Diderot was right!
                          Our weapons are backed with UNCLEAR WORDS!
                          Please don't go, the drones need you.

Comment

Working...
                          X