What does it take to see probes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does it take to see probes?

I've never understood this sometimes they sneek up on me, sometimes I see them coming as soon as they get near my bases. Can you always see them when their inside one of your base's grids?

What about outside the base, do you need that deep sight ability to see them then?

Probe teams are as visible as any normal unit, except they do not display their banners. If you fail to see them, maybe they're in fungus, or outside your units' sight radii. They also move 2 tiles/turn, and more along rivers and roads.
    "Cutlery confused Stalin"
    -BBC news

Comment

do they ignore ZOC? I can't remember

Comment

Yes they do, and since a unit can move into a tile occupied by a friendly unit regardless of ZoC, an army with a few probe teams can squeeze through a defense that relies on ZoC to force attackers to attack fortified units.
        "Cutlery confused Stalin"
        -BBC news

Comment

you need to have a unit watching over the area, there is a fog of war, but its not noticeable unless you have it turned on.

Also sensors watch over an area(and detect units in fungus as well).

Comment

Ok I'll have to be more vigilant so the little buggers don't sneek up on me again

Comment

Fungus is usually the reason you don't see them. Without a sensor or a radar unit, they will stay invisible
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
              X