laptop collection need patch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laptop collection need patch?

I recently purchased the laptop collection which includes alpha centauri and alien cross fire on one disc. Do I need a patch for this one or is it already patched?

I think someone said that it comes patched.

Once we have a definate answer, this is one for the FAQ thread.
    #play s.-cd#g+c-ga#+dgfg#+cf----q.c
    #endgame

Quantum P. is a champion: http://geocities.com/zztexpert/docs/upoprgv4.html

Comment

It comes patched --> v.4. Note that this isn't the XP patch (v.5, if I remember), but I'm not sure many people benefit from the XP patch, even with XP. As far as I know it's a trivial patch.
      Aldebaran 2.1 for Smax is in Beta Testing. Join us for our first Succession Game

Comment

Isn't that supposed to be the one that introduces the drone display bug?

Comment

I bought mine of Ebay and the guy who sold it to me; bless his stupidity, sold me both a SMAC and a planetary pack disc (brand new) which I believe came from in the lap top pack. Regardless of where you got it the Planetary pack disc is fully patched with the exception of the Windows XP patch which I don't use even though I have XP.

Comment

Comment

Good deal. It does in fact say v.4 and works fine with xp. Thanks for the replys!

Comment

I think v5 is the PBEM standard around here, though. Again, I would need confirmation.
                #play s.-cd#g+c-ga#+dgfg#+cf----q.c
                #endgame

Quantum P. is a champion: http://geocities.com/zztexpert/docs/upoprgv4.html

Comment

Originally posted by smacksim
                  It comes patched --> v.4. Note that this isn't the XP patch (v.5, if I remember), but I'm not sure many people benefit from the XP patch, even with XP. As far as I know it's a trivial patch.
                  I have the laptop collection.

And yes I did do the XP patch. Not sure if I needed it, but it hasn't messed anything up (that I know of).

Comment

I just got the laptop collection a few months back and seem to remeber it was patched other than the XP patch which I applied.

But from this thread, it doesn't sound like I needed too!
                    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

In the Laptop Collection (Planetary Pack) Alien Crossfire is fully patched (version 2.0).

If you want to play Alpha Centauri (the original--also included in the Planetary Pack) you need to install the Win2000/XP Compatibility patch (version 5.0). SMAC version 5.0 gets rid of a few very annoying bugs.

Note that the description of the Win2000/XP patch (v5.0) is highly misleading.

Comment

Working...
                      X