Integrety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Integrety

How do you improve it? What if a faction like the believers put a unit onto your territory and refuses to move it?

Well, a lot of times if some other faction puts a unit and you *really* want it out...you'd have to attack it.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Integrity should improve slowly with time if you don't do anything dishonorable.

If the Believers have a unit you want to get rid of:

Demand they withdraw it (no penalty, might not work, might cause war)
      Have them declare war on you (no integrity penalty)
      Get someone else to ask you to declare war on the Believers (small penalty)
      Probe it (no penalty, IIRC, especially with total thought control)
      Get native life to kill it (no penalty)
      Help a pactmate kill it (no penalty)
      Lower it into the sea (no penalty)
      Attack it directly (substantial penalty)
      Nuke it (huge penalty)

Keep in mind you can also try to herd the unit by restricting its movement with ZoC. If it's just in your territory, don't worry about it, you can handle a stray unit in the event of sudden war. Just make sure it can't take a base and that you can kill it on short notice.
      "Cutlery confused Stalin"
      -BBC news

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos Theory
        Integrity should improve slowly with time if you don't do anything dishonorable.
        Confirming that. If so then I really like the game.

Comment

Launching 12 planet busters is not what you do if you want to be considered noble.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos Theory

If the Believers have a unit you want to get rid of:

Probe it (no penalty, IIRC, especially with total thought control)

Can you do this with the Belivers?

I think you can perhaps later on in the game if you are playing SMAX, but with SMAC or early/mid SMAX you can't.

Mead

Comment

Originally posted by Whoha
              Launching 12 planet busters is not what you do if you want to be considered noble.
              Listen, I meant that I can attack mariam's units when she dosen't move them out of my territory!

Comment

Miriam is fully vulnerable to probes unless she's also running Fundy. In SMAX, even if she is running fundy, enhanced probe teams can mind control, albeit with difficulty.
                -BBC news

Comment

Originally posted by grobnok

Listen, I meant that I can attack mariam's units when she dosen't move them out of my territory!
                  I was joking, just attack it, integrity isnt all that important. Provoking Miriam to war shouldn't be hard though, just don't give in to her demands, run knowledge and democracy,etc.

Comment

One further consideration when the AI has a unit in your territory is information. Each move it makes discloses more of you map. The AI will routinely download its map to any Pact-mate, thus giving you position away if you are in a PBEM. So think twice before letting the AI roam around freely.

Comment

You can box in a non-hostile unit pretty easily with 2 or 3 of your own. I'm not too worried about an AI revealing more of my map, as a human opponent, once he finds out where any part of my empire is, knows enough to get the rest himself. On the other hand, if you can take out the offending unit without causing an incident, before it gets near any of your bases, your opponent may not suspect your location.
                      -BBC news

Comment

Working...
                      X