New Bug or just new to me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Bug or just new to me?

The strangest thing happened to me in the game I just played. I was using the ICS type style, but changed the boreholes to logic_error’s map. Thanks for that by the way. And I did crawl for nuts, not minerals.

Anyway, I was in a war with both Sparta and The Hive and was packed with Dee and Morgan. The rest were out of the game. I was aiming to get better reactors and weapons, so I skipped over many other techs. I did have drop shard quantum tanks and soon had graviton. I then fooled around with a couple of designs. I made one Drop Graviton Tank with a clean reactor, and one with anti-grav struts. This is when it got weird.

I went to make a drop and found that I could drop anywhere on the planet and I didn’t have the Space Elevator yet! All units now that had drop capabilities could do the same thing. Has anyone ever had this happen? I couldn’t possibly remember all the decisions tech wise that I took, or the order, so I have no clue if this would happen again.

If no one has any idea about this I’ll back into an old save and see if it happens again. Maybe I can find out what happened. It didn’t happen until I had anti-grav. That I know. I don’t know if making one made any difference or not, but that’s when the whole thing started.

I should mention that I was not using the "multiple air drop bug". I was using the shortcut key "I" that I always use. You could not do more than one just per turn. It reacted exactly as if you had the Space Elevator. Nothing more or less.

Thanks

I think it's because you had the graviton the applied graviton tech. I can't find the info in the AC help files, but I'm certain that one of those says that Drop units now do orbital insertions as if you had the Space Elevator. Can someone confirm this?
    It's really Synthetic God... I guess I didn't notice my own typo.

Comment

Re: New Bug or just new to me?

Originally posted by fender
      and soon had graviton. ... I could drop anywhere on the planet
      That's normal.

Comment

From alphax:
        Gravity, ; Technology to allow orbital insertion w/o Space Elevator
        (Gravity is short name for Graviton Teory)
        SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Thanks. I thought something was wrong.........again.

Comment

Working...
          X