Custom Rules that Affect Score?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Rules that Affect Score?

It's been awhile since I actually finished a game of regular Smac(x), but I thought I remembered that several of the game rules affected the score. Now I can't seem to verify which ones do what. For instance, Ironman doubles the score, if I remember right. It's easy to verify that. But I had thought that Blind Research, Lots of Fungus, Agressive Enemies all added percents to the scoreline. I can't seem to verify what these amounts might be.

I tried starting a regular game, going to the scenario editor and killing off all the factions, but putting a single CP next to my starting units, to kill. I also tried that on an accellerated start or two. Then I tried giving myself transendence. All these generated scores, but didn't reflect the game rules in the score? Perhaps its because of using the scenario editor. I'm not sure. I did a search on score and custom rules, but no help there.

So if anyone has a list of the score modifiers for various custom game rules, could you post them? Thanks,

Smack
    Aldebaran 2.1 for Smax is in Beta Testing. Join us for our first Succession Game

I know that Ironman doubles it and abudant fungus adds additional 25 percent. I do not recall seing anything else.
    SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Rare fungus reduces by 25%.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I should play ironman, but I am getting a decent number of crashes now running smac on my new computer (never had crashes on older computers and OS's).

can you play ironman with autosave on?

Comment

Nope, don't think so. What you could do is manually save and exit the game every turn if you really want that doubled score, and you are afraid of your computer crashing.
          Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

I don't think so . maybe every 10 turns.

Comment

What you can do is just go on the honor system. Play without Iron Man, but go by its rules. So no reloading to fix errors or to generate another random number. While it won't say on your score Iron Man, if you know in your head that you played by the rule, you can just double the score in your own mind...

Comment

Yes, Ironman has been discussed before. It's should really be called annoying-man. It's just slower to save and reload. One interesting feature of that though, is that the random-number generator is a little harder to fudge with ironman. You'll know what I mean if you've ever tried to save-reload there.

So it's only Fungus +/- 25% and Ironman + 100%?

I really thought there was something else. Thanks for the answers though.

Edit: One more question, if anyone knows: I'm especially curious if an earthquake or land-raising in the manifold nexus removes it's bonus. I know that the Volcano, Jungle, Flats, and the sea landmarks have their bonuses removed. The desert is undestroyable (unless sunk I think)? But what about the nexus?
                Last edited by smacksim; July 29, 2004, 09:57.
                Aldebaran 2.1 for Smax is in Beta Testing. Join us for our first Succession Game

Comment

Originally posted by Commy
                  What you can do is just go on the honor system. Play without Iron Man, but go by its rules. So no reloading to fix errors or to generate another random number. While it won't say on your score Iron Man, if you know in your head that you played by the rule, you can just double the score in your own mind...
                  I'm going for an all time high score . Yes I still care about those things. It's something I strive for in various SP games. Sometimes I go for the other categories like fastest conquest.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                    can you play ironman with autosave on?
                    Actually, yes you can. My computer at home is a major PoS, crashes constantly. I wouldn't even bother to play without autosave. And yes, I always play Ironman. I do reload on the rare occasion, but for the most part Ironman keeps me honest. It does make for a more satisfying game knowing that you didn't have to exploit a design flaw to win the game.

As far as how this will affect the HoF, it wont. We all have the ability to reload, so no one has an advantage. Personally, I don't have the time to sit around reloading the game over and over, waiting for a positive outcome. I'd rather take my losses and move on. I would like to believe that the majority of folks here feel the same.
                    "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
                    "Without music, life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
                    "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
                    "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

pages 145-146 in chapter 5 of the manual

SCORING

Whether you resign or win outright, each game is given a numerical score. You can check your current score at any time with {F8}, or the Alpha Centauri Score option on the HQ Menu (see, p. 110).

Your Alpha Centauri Score is computed as follows:
                      • 1 point for each citizen of each base.
                      • If you have won a Diplomatic or Economic victory, score 1 point for each citizen of a Pact Brother's base.
                      • 1/2 point for each citizen of any other faction's base.
                      • 1/2 point for each citizen of a surrendered base.
                      • 1 point for each unit of commerce your bases are receiving.
                      • 1 point for each technology discovered.
                      • 10 points for each tech advance after Transcendent Thought.
                      • 25 points for each Secret Project.
                      • A Victory bonus if you have won the game (see Winning the Game, p. 143):

For winning by Conquest, you are awarded 1000 points minus 2 for every game turn elapsed. If Cooperative Victory is enabled, all Pact Brothers and Sisters participate in the win, and points are split between all winning factions based on relative population. A maximum of three Pact Brothers and Sisters may join in a win by conquest, not including those factions that have surrendered along the way.

If you win a Diplomatic Victory, you are awarded 1200 points minus 2 for every game turn elapsed. If Cooperative Victory is enabled and your Pact Brother or Sister is elected Supreme Leader, you are awarded half this total.

For Economic Victory, you are awarded 1200 points minus 2 for every game turn elapsed. If Cooperative Victory is enabled, Pact Brothers and Sisters of the winning faction receive half the bonus points.

Players who Ascend to Transcendence are awarded 1600 points minus 2 for every game turn elapsed. If Cooperative Victory is enabled, all Pact Brothers and Sisters participate in the win, and points are split between all winning factions based on relative population.

In any cooperative victory, the overall winner receives 1/2 the points of every allied faction's population score.
                      I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

Working...
                      X