No announcement yet.

Dealing With Atrocity Victims?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that is embarassing, I have the patch dled into the folder, but not installed, thanks Commy.

Comment

Rats!
      "Pirates can no longer capture units that are defending a base.'

But thats fun and makes it possible to capture a well defended base with just 1 foil

"
      · In some instances a Golden Age would not produce a population boom. It now
      does."

yay!

"· Base population no longer 'rolls over' when it reaches 127."

Does that mean that pop stops growing or can go up to 4 billion?

Comment

'Rolls over' was that the population went negative I think. Not sure since I never had a base with 127+ pop.

So if that bug is fixed it means a base pop can go over 127... Good luck with your billion people cities...
        He who knows others is wise.
        He who knows himself is enlightened.
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

installed the patch, still couldn't rescue her, must not apply to save games.

got a fungal pop and a sea level rise. Start a vote to send up solar shades, all the land factions vote no. I'm the pirates, I won't be hurt in the slightest by this but they all just want to commit suicide...

Comment

Regarding the population limit, I have the patch for SMAX, but it appears the rollover happens anyway, but I don't think it is at 127, although I don't remember. I think it happens in the 200s, but either way, it's not like it really matters...

Comment

Then it must be at 255...
              He who knows others is wise.
              He who knows himself is enlightened.
              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

1. In SMAC, apparently PBs have a defense, because when you attack them

2. The only way to relocate a missile is to fire it. Last time I check, the missile didn't have a personal guard, and it didn't have any aircraft to carry it either.
                Yes, the PB does have a military crew who would have handguns, effectively equal to the basic attack strength of 1.

They could have devised a unit that has a basic ground movement derived from a chassis, and then have the unit use a "fire" command similar to artillery but with a suitable range. That would also have negated the annoying AI unlimited range missiles.
                (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow
                  Yes, the PB does have a military crew who would have handguns, effectively equal to the basic attack strength of 1.

They could have devised a unit that has a basic ground movement derived from a chassis, and then have the unit use a "fire" command similar to artillery but with a suitable range. That would also have negated the annoying AI unlimited range missiles.
                  Unless, of course, the routine for checking whether you could reach a chosen target didn't work for the AI.

FYI, angle brackets and text within them are not visible in posts, including your "snip" markers.
                  "Cutlery confused Stalin"
                  -BBC news

Comment

I think I'm going to have to go with the idea of missiles having wheels. While not a common thought, it sounds very feasible compared to other ideas and also very practical...

And I believe unlimited range of AI missiles was fixed in a patch too, not that it really matters...

Comment

I've been thinking what it would be like if there was a facility "Missile Base" (or perhaps a Secret Project) that basically could launch one conventional missile per turn, but only within 18 squares of the base (ie. its non transferrable missile)...

Does one citizen in a base represent 10,000 citizens? The University captured a base once, I had retook it 3 times, and they kept on dropping in, capturing, only to mind control the base...then the University decided to stop playing the game and obliterated the base!

It was size 6 - and it read: "60,000 Nautilus citizens were put to death!"

Maybe repealing the charter wasn't such a good idea.
                      Last edited by Natalinasmpf; July 31, 2004, 05:29.
                      Arise ye starvelings from your slumbers; arise ye prisoners of want
                      The reason for revolt now thunders; and at last ends the age of "can't"
                      Away with all your superstitions -servile masses, arise, arise!
                      We'll change forthwith the old conditions And spurn the dust to win the prize

Comment

Working...
                      X