Anybody have cities that got stuck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody have cities that got stuck?

My cities said growth in 1 turn, but they never grew. I was playing a rather difficult transcend game in a poor starting location. I was determined to win. I quit though. It's kind of hard when your cities won't grow from size 2 to size 3. Or in some cases size 1 to size 2.

Never heard of that 'feature', unless you are pop-booming. Then you must have the extra nuts to fully support it or no growth. You're not in a GA are you?

-S
    Aldebaran 2.1 for Smax is in Beta Testing. Join us for our first Succession Game

Comment

Do you have -3 growth SE settings? Maybe Aki (-1) with green economic (-2)?

Comment

I've hit -3 growth had that with Swen and Green. It was actually handy, no more drone riots, ever. At one point, halfway through my "pop stall" I switched to planned to let all the accumulated food turn into new citizens for new pods. Then I switched back to green for whatever no good wormrape I was up to.

Comment

Originally posted by Albin
          Do you have -3 growth SE settings? Maybe Aki (-1) with green economic (-2)?
          Aki or Svengaard (sp?) with green.
          Solution: build a creche or trigger a GA.
          The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

****, I might have had -3 growth. Let me check. I was using Aki.

Comment

yep, I had her and a -3 growth. Which it says is near zero population growth.

I knew there was a reason I didn't like aki.

Comment

What exactly does that mean, near zero growth? I thought it was just +30% nutrients needed to grow?

Comment

It simply means that your bases won't grow when the storebox is full of nutrients. And you lose all the stored nutrients as well when your base can't grow for the -30% growthrate.
                  He who knows others is wise.
                  He who knows himself is enlightened.
                  -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
                  X